tulsi guitars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ThePacifist, Jun 22, 2006.

1. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Albertos will also be giving you Mahogany and a maple top for that price..... I have seen albertos guitars and they are excellent.... What al did you ask Albertos ? i.e finish, hardware ext.....the more u add the more the price shoots up...For example a finsih like Zakk Wylde or Dimebag darell will cost.. so will Hardware from Scaller..Sperzel ext But I think he has overcoatted you for 22K...( depending on what all you have asked for) Shreedder has made a Black LP from albertos with Zakk Wylde pickups for 22 k .. that was abouth a year back..... The Epiphone pickups are ok...they are not bad.... Did you ask him what tuners, he is putting in ...... ?
    From what I have dealt with him in the last 11 odd years he hates COMPRAMISING and he may he even refuse to COMPRAMISE .

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I got my LP done for Rs.8700 and that was Jan 2005. I am surprised that it has gone up to Rs.13,500. Ask for a bargain. But his guitars have gone up in quality too from Jan 2005. Now his Fretboard is much smoother and neck finish is also really good. Infact I even had a thought of disposing my Squier Strat with Lace Sensor Gold set and get a Tulsi Strat with Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound. Tulsi Guitar feels just so very comfortable to play with.

3. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

That is the best compilment I have heard about Tulsi so far..
    Ronnie wasnt your Lp one of the first LP's he made? Maybe he thinks his guitars should sell for more...

Honestly if the guitars are good I dont see why he should not charge more... after all you are paying for quality.... It is simple human thinking a guitar coasting more would be better.....I do wish he would give options on better hardware and wood though.

4. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I think Ronnie's LP and my PRS were some of the first ones, and he wont make them again for the same price.Its a lot of extra work doing neck-thru's(the LP) or bolt-in necks and carved tops(for my PRS).It was done for 9K in April 2005.

5. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

^ Can you post some more pics of your PRS? I'm mainly interested in seeing the back of the neck and more pictures showing the finish (from different angles). A snap of the headstock would be nice too.

6. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Here you go....these pics are posted already in different threads, but let me not leave this opportunity to show off:p:

Attached Files:

• 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      31.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      92.6 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      101.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      55.1 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      26.8 KB
      Views:
  7. ThePacifist

ThePacifist New Member

He's putting some Korean made pickups....all the rest is pretty much regular stuff...except for the body which he makes from teak....

I asked for a LP standard copy from both of them.....ALberto's is making it from maple and rosewood with epi pikups

and yeah, both of them are not putting binding around fretboard and body....I've asked the Tulsi guy...let me finalize the pice first, I'll discuss the price wid him later....

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hey, tell him that you got to know about him thru us guys, and ask for some discount, telling that we all got for lesser price etc .....

Hopefully he would reduce to some extent.

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Nope...Not one of the first pieces...THE FIRST LP he made...:dance: :dance:
    He told me 20 days and gave me in about 45 to 60 days...I dont remember...but he took a long time..He also cribbed saying that LPs take more time than other to make because of the carved top of the body. Plus he didn't have stocks of LP's trapezoidal inlays and also no stock of those 3x2 styled tuning keys and also the pickup selector switch. So ordered them for me and then made it. He told me that nobody asks for LP and after my order, it looks like there are lot of LP orders from Bangalore. So he asked me if all those LP fans are bcos they liked my guitar. I just said may be :cool: ...Now he has a good stock of all those LP parts..

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

He always quotes 20 days and takes 40..same for mine too..but worth the wait IMO...I dunno if he did any PRSes before mine if he hadnt even done a LP,coz PRS copies are not really that much in demand:dance:

11. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

hey
    i'm looking to get a custom made washburn idol
    my brother got his bc rich beast copy from mr. tulsi.
    i'd like to know if there are any guitar makers other than albertos who might give me a choice in wood. alberto's hasn't replied to my email as yet (sent 2 days ago).

12. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Dont bother for a reply from Albertos... I am not surprised he has not replied.... even when you go down to his shop if you just keep askning questions without actualy showing that you will make the guitar he may not reply properly...I usd to ask him a lot of questions.. in the begning he used to ans them nicely .. after a while he got fed up of me and statred giving me stupid replies... But never the less he was always pleasent to talk too.... You need to sit with him and talk.. show him how intrested you are.... You also need to see his stuff to understand his work ( BELIVE ME).. He has worked on my vintage acoustic guitar twice once restoring it form a perfect mess... and my vintage accoustic is one of my most prized possesions I wont let any TOM DICK OR HARRY even touch it.
    You need to go down to him and talk. And realy talk hard.. show him how dead sure you are abouth making the guitar from him....

13. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Honestly the longer they take I think the better.. I would personaly tell Tulsi or Alberto to "take your time to make my guitar but give me a GREAT guitar... dont compramise.. If you cant get something wait until you get it. but give me a good guitar".

14. thehundredthone

thanks for the tip. i pretty much feel the same about my mother's 20 year old german classical guitar

well i live in bangalore, i don't know how many trips i can make to mumbai.
    i'm dead serious about getting this guitar made, but my budget is constrained to 18k. the body wood (i want mahogany, am willing to go for basswood but NOT teak) is something i'm not willing to compromise on, so i don't know how i could get mr. thulasi to get it made.

there is a similar guitar (the ibanez rg321mh) which has similar specs ('cept for the body, the pups and the bridge) which i'm almost being compelled to go for, if i can't get this one done for the budget...

15. thehundredthone

do you know of any other way to contact him so that i can talk to him about this? maybe if you are going to see him soon you could ask him to reply or summat...

16. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ Whats your issue with teak?

17. thehundredthone

my brother's guitar (beast copy) is teak, and personally i didn't like the sound coming out of it.

and yes, i heard and tried it through different amps and pedals. it could be the pups though

i may not be a tone god yet, but someday, when i am close, i really want to be able to appreciate the tone of mahogany