Trouble with guitarFx

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Quadrophenia, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Quadrophenia

Quadrophenia Member

:mad: i've connected my electric to the pc correctly, and i'm getting a clean sound..i've raised the volume of the line out so i know its working.
    I've downloaded guitarfx and it doesnt seem to work..whenever i press the 'start' button i get this crazy peice of music i've pressed stop and chose the effects i want to play, chorus, or wah-wah..
    and it doesnt seem to work. :annoyed:
    Also do i need any additional software to make guitarfx work?

thanx in advance...

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

YOur sound card does not suppor Real Time Processing thats it.. Get ASIO drivers for your sound card..

Moved To Gear Talk..

3. Quadrophenia

Quadrophenia Member

i dont know the name of my soundcard..does it matter? or are they kinda universal drivers..Also where can i download them from..i searched google and got loads of crap (as usual)
    cheers

4. jayanth

You need a live input output support.. Else it wont Process Real Time(When Playing)...

5. Quadrophenia

Quadrophenia Member

:confused: man uve messed me up :p..so i need a live i/o support as well as ASIO drivers

6. jayanth

ASIO is Live i/o support.. You need a sound card which supports ASIO or ASIO drivers for your soundcard or both..

7. DigiGuitar

DigiGuitar New Member

You don't need in ASIO, it's absolete
    You need in GuitarFX 3.04 effects software from https://GuitarFX.Net
    and Windows XP/2000 or 98SE/ME and wdm drivers for your sound card.
    If you have Windows XP you don't need in wdm drivers.

:rockon:

8. jayanth

Many systems with out the ASIO will give you Delay.. This is more like a Added advantage.. trust me..