trouble wid cd burner

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by metal=heaven, Apr 23, 2006.

1. metal=heaven

metal=heaven New Member

i dnt hv a separate cd-rom and writer.iv got 1 for both purposes.it can read without any trouble.bt problem cum wen i try to write.wen i click to start the burning process,it begins to write on the blank cd but aftr completing may-b 5-7% of the process i get an error msg "power calibration error".the burning then stops.(the blank cd used isnt damaged though,can b used again)
    how do i fix this error??

thnx in advnc

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

3. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

what kind of cds are u trying to burn>???

4. metal=heaven

metal=heaven New Member

@death :thnx! but wt do u mean by "low quality media"??
    @ujsen:iv tried burning mp3,media files..doesnt work

5. acidic_leo

acidic_leo New Member

Igot the same problem with my Samsung CD-Writer, when i took it to my retailer he just cleaned the Lens and Writer. There was lot of dust and as a result the Buffer was remaining at 0%.

Try cleaning the lenses. Hope it works. It worked in my case.

6. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Cleaning the lens is the first thing to do. I had a similar problem ( similar but not like yours). Even after cleaning it did not help..So i tried reinstaling the Cd burning software and it refused to get installed, was getting weitrd messages like the Media is corrupt. funny thing was the same installaion disk worked in other computers. I even had a copy of it on the hard drive, tried to install it from there to but it did not work, same problem, I then edited the registry and took off all the files for the software , that too did not work.. In the end I Formatted.. .. It worked......... :) ...

First off all just get the lens cleaned. It should work.. Many computer problems are due to dust-- or dust related.

7. cronix

cronix New Member

^i agree... my nero used to give same probs too

8. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

hot to do so???:eek::