Trojan Horse????

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by ajitmat_24, Jan 24, 2007.

1. ajitmat_24

ajitmat_24 New Member

What's trojan horse? Some kinda virus. I installed Mcafee on my PC and laptop but after the trial period was over some warning of trojan horses started to pop up on my PC. Soon I found it on my laptop.

What should I do-ignore or____?

Pls help

2. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Clean it now.......

use NOD32 antivirus....

visit www.eset.com

3. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

What's the name of that trojan?

4. ajitmat_24

ajitmat_24 New Member

The name of the trojan horse was some NEW MAKEWAY.

Sorry, new malware

5. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

If you can't do it with any antispyware, then restart the comp in safe mode and delete the virus file ..be careful not to delete system files instead...

6. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^Many trojans can still start themselves even after deleting them from safe mode.

1. Find out where the Trojan resides.
    2. Delete it from safe mode.
    3. Create a new file of the exact name of the trojan in the safe mode itself at same location.
    4. Make it read-only.
    5. This way if the trojan tries to start on normal boot up .. its denied permission coz file(harmless) already exists.

enjoy.

vini likes this.
  7. itwasnoteasy

itwasnoteasy E chord humka dede Thakur

Use Avg Anti-Virus and Spyware its FREE for Personal use. Need to purchase for Commercial use. Hopefully this should fix your problem. I never had problem also use firefox instead of IE you would be less prone to malware, spyware and viruses.

8. upneja

upneja New Member

go to the site http://free.grisoft.com to get the free AVG software and its update that is enough for virus protection of any type and does not reduce comp's performance

9. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

that's bcoz the trojan places a dll file in system files which again generates the exe. to clean them properly, u need to delete both the exe and the dll file....