Trip to Madras. Some gears and reviews.

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ronnieanand, Sep 15, 2005.

1. despremee

despremee New Member

Amps by Ronn ??

Hi Ron,

Elsewhere in this forum I read that you too make/ build amps at home :nw: . I'll be in B'lore soon for a week or so and will be interested in buying an amp.

Appreciate your response.

Prem.

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Sure Prem. I can make one for you. I am making another one shortly for me to drive the 2x12 cabinet. The cabinet work will start next week and maybe in a month's time, you can see my new setup with my home made Amp and my home made 2x12 Cabinet. I will be discarding my Marshall soon.

3. despremee

despremee New Member

Amp Specs

Ron,

Thanks for the quick response.

First - I'm interested in the specs of your 100W homebrew amp/ speaker system.

Second - I already have a 100 Watt speaker which looks similar to a 'Behringer KX1200' - minus the amp ! Now, is it possible to just build an amp and integrate it into the existing speaker box, probably on the top ?

Third – Specs of your Marshall amp, please.

I'm open to your advice and suggestions.
    And, how do we touch base ?

Prem.

4. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

do u know ny tulsi websites???

5. ronnieanand

Hi Prem,
    The one I have built is a 70W Solid State Head and a 100W 1x12 Cabinet. The Amp Head is pretty straight forward with a single channel and a bass , mid, treble control and I used high quality Switch Craft 1/4" Sockets. No inbuilt overdrive. I can add an inbuilt Overdrive, Effects Loop and also a Remote Foot Switch but that's just too much work. No inbuilt reverb or delay or anything. You can surely use your speaker to make the speaker cabinet. If you are convinced that the speaker is of good quality, then go ahead else I can suggest you to some good speakers. For the speaker cabinet I have some specs but you can build your own too on any styling you want.

Since it's all kind of home made things, I dont have a lot of craftsmen at my disposal to make Amp cabinets, Paint jobs etc.., so from outside it wont look as good as a marshall or whatever. But surely sounds way better than a Marshall MG15 or MG30. Strangers are no comparison.

You can PM me and I will give you my phone number and mail ID. You can call me and keep in touch.

6. despremee

despremee New Member

Ron, thanx once again.

I’ve sent you a PM.

Yes, I reckon my speakers are OK because I've used it with some Stranger 100W guitar amp and other PA systems with good results. So, all I need is an amp head.

7. ronnieanand

Cool. Make your own Speaker Cabinet. I will make the Amp Head for you.