trial softwares

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by .:SpY_GaMe:., Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

ok wanted to post that in the bring it on thread but thought better i create a new thread instead
    :p:

so my quest is usually when u download a trial softwares after the trial period is over many r out of use even if unistall n reinstall it

so how can u use that prog again without having to format the pc
    ????????

stupid answers like buy the software will not be entertained :p:

2. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

This may be dangerous and I do not take any responsibility for your work. For safety, make a backup of your system registry before doing it.

Simple! Go to start>Run>Regedit

Type the name of the software in Edit> Find (i.e. If it's Soundforge, try typing "sound"). Press find. When a string comes. Examine it. If it's related to Sound forge, simply delete it. This way, delete all the strings that relates to the software ( Use "find next" option). Then install the sw again ;)

Actually when you format your PC, the System registry is deleted, so no information is kept about the trial and thus you can install it again.

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  3. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

thnks it worked :)

4. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

I love to share my knowledge with you people and you are always welcome :)

5. cronix

cronix New Member

^That was a good idea but it doesnt work with all softwares..... Some softwares dont set a registry key according to their software name.... This may sometimes make the system unstable..... Dont do it unless u are willing to take the risk

6. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

boooooo.... :p: :p: :p:

They may not, but they have to relate the key to the path where the sw is installed. So, it can be discovered easily ;)

7. ^ agree..and cronix....do you really think that somebody gonna delete microsoft internet explorer registry entry..if he want to remove Mozilla...lmao...softwares save their key in the registry...search them..u'll find the company name who build the software if the software name is not available...

8. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

@everyone: Discussions regading cracks, hacks, illegal patches are not allowed on IGT..
    Keep it in mind!

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.