transitions from leads to chords

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by piscessachin, Oct 4, 2005.

1. piscessachin

piscessachin New Member

hello everyone,,
    this group has been helpin me a lot in improvin n expanding my list of songs's tabs

well now i want2 move to chords
    can anyone post a good tutotrial dat could help me
    thnx

2. .:VinAY:.

.:VinAY:. New Member

nice topic...i wanna move from from chords to lead...a tutorial on tht too? :)

3. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

leads to chords :shock:

usually its the other way round? aint it?

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I'd actually prefer learning Scales, Arpeggios and then finally chords. Makes you understand the meaning behind playing a chord. Starting with chords makes no sense at all except you can play quickly "Bonnie Lies Over The Ocean".

Catch hold of a good book from MI Publications or Berkelee series and you will go on your way.

5. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

even i played lead first,thenmoved to chords...

neways start with these...

C Am F G...its pattern for papa kehte hain the easiest...........

6. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

ya abhi is right..
    Start with easy chords like C Am Dm G D and slowly start shifting towards barre chords like Bm etc...keep strummin n u will cope up soon..
    And some songs u can practice are:
    Summer of '69
    goes like D A D A ...

And dooba dooba
    goes like G C D

all the best

7. ronnieanand

For Chords instead of learning some chords and memorizing them. Follow these steps

1. Learn the Frets in the Fretboard. It wont take much long.
    2. For Major Chords, there are only 5 moveable chord forms. All the others are only derived from this. The chord forms are C, A, G, E, D. Learn these forms and then you can play all the other. Infact you can play all the major chords all across the fretboard.
    3. Similarly for minor chords, there are 3 moveable chord forms A, E and D. You can form all minor chords across the fretboard.
    4. Take a chord like C Major and play it in about 5 places in the fretboard. Do it with a metronome and increase the speed. This will help you memorize all the major and minor chords across the fretboard.
    5. Learn Major, Minor Triads and Chord Inversions of these triads. Refer to my article in this link for this https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=8999 . I have not explained the inversions but spending half an hour can get your know to form major and minor triads all over the neck.

If you blindly learn a few chords, you will know only those few chords all you life.

8. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

one approach that can be used is to first take a key and learn its particular three chord trick, comprising the tonic, dominant 7th and subdominant chords. after that, learn the other chords in the key (the minor ones). facilitate your learning with transition exercises.

9. .:VinAY:.

.:VinAY:. New Member

I din kno tht...thx :)

10. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

anyday dude...

11. GpS|Destiny

GpS|Destiny New Member

Hi All!

I am new here. This is a nice site u have...back in the day when i used to play guitar, there was no site in the net where i cud find hindi tabs.

I think i shd start playing again.

Its a strange concept you guys have. I wonder why u call the vocals played on the guitar as tabs....call them leads... and guitar solos are not leads...

Just that its confusing......

hope you know how to play guitar already. OR I THOUGHT U WERE GOING TO START...:lol
    B/W I like the quotes from ur sig.

My all time fav.. ITS BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN TO FADE AWAY - KURT COBAIN

12. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

tab is a method of guitar notation. anything you play on guitar can be tabbed (well, almost).

13. ronnieanand

Not yet. I am planning to start learning guitar. Hope great knowledgeable guys help me out.

14. jekyll

jekyll Banned

:RollLol:

yeah right
    i think u were born with the knowledge of Paranoid, Fade to Black, Hallowed be Thy Name etc
    Aint it?

how much i ENVY you ... :mad:

15. jekyll

jekyll Banned

:RollLol:

yeah right
    i think u were born with the knowledge of Paranoid, Fade to Black, Hallowed be Thy Name etc
    Aint it?

how much i ENVY you ... :mad:

16. ronnieanand

That's really too much envy. You have posted your envy twice.
    I play a lot of oldies too. These are only with the new band. :beer: