Toughest Song to play...

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by mylod, Aug 15, 2004.

1. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Ya, that's a tough skill to master. I wish I could do it properly... sometimes I tend to lose control over the strings while attempting that.

wisevijay likes this.
  2. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

hmm....most difficult for me is a guitar solo in have on my com its titled "slash-spanish guitar solo"its amazingly fast in some parts..though i know some of its slow parts;) i would like to learn the whole song.....i m into acoustic and havent bought a effects processer or amp:(...when i buy it the first song i will like to play is Paradigim shift by LTE.

3. tejas

tejas ..........

Nah, you don't palm mute it to play two strings and leave one in the middle. What you should do is use one finger of your left hand to mute it. Just place the finger on the string without pressing the string down (something like how you play natural harmonics, but in the middle of the fret, not on the metal part). This will mute the string. It will take a little time to master though.
    Example -

G---5--5--5--5-
    D---x--x--x--x--
    A---3--3--3--3-

(place your middle finger lightly on the d string 4th fret without pressing the string down)

Hope that helped.

4. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Its not palm muting for gods sake.. BTW play Unforgive 2.. Its easy its in Eminor Scale.. Play the intro.. You will mater the Alternate strings.. You can actually add a third note also.. playing 6 4 and 2 strings..

5. FC Barca11

FC Barca11 New Member

The toughest song to play is....ALL OF THEM!!! (I just started guitar :) )

6. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

There's this hendrix tune which is impossible to play for me.

Can't remember the name but he's holding Amajor (barre 556775) and while he strums that he lifts his thumb to then play 556775, 556772, 556773, 556775 :shock:

7. skaw

skaw snooze

well i think they r jus wrong or mayb sum1 made a mistake while typing them :think: thts basically it ... :p or ye .. probably i dunno

8. jackdaws

jackdaws New Member

The toughest (top 5) in my list are ranked in order of most difficult to least among the most....

1) Eruption by Van Halen - Well i dont have to a say a lot of this. The solo calls for extreme finger dexterity and fantastic knowledge of scales and fret positions. One of the best pieces of fret tapping I have ever heard.

2) For the Love of God by Steve Vai - I would say a pretty good solo by extremely hard to play

3) Painkiller by Judas Priest - Extremely fast song with extremely fast lead pices and awesome bass/drumming too...

4) Surfing with the Alien by Joe Satriani - Any song by Joe Satriani is pretty hard to replicate. But i think this is one among his hardest songs to play

5) Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin - Sounds really east to play but the solo is done in great style by Page. I havent seen anyone who has played the song with the same finesse as Page has.

9. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

Dude Eruption is not hard. Me and a friend nailed it down together, just practice and the gliss pick catches me every time.

Toughest song i would say Civil War by GN'R ,cause its not playing it... it just i cant remeber everything cause i got like 30 goddam Gn'R songs in my head already.
    every one says Sweet Child is hard and IT IS NOT. if you need help ask me i wrote a whold thread on it.

10. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

any song with guitar lead is tough for me to play. i cant play lead, if the lead happens to span more than one strings :p:
    which is why the only lead i can play is man who sold the world .. the nirvana cover :p:

11. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

It all comes down to your skill with the guitar, but no matter how skilled you are there is always a tougher song. :p:

12. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Concerto 24 and Speed Metal Symphony by Cacophony.

not to mention some of the songs on Michael Romeo's album- The Dark Chapter.

13. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

anyone play/hear Classical Gas by Eric Clapton? i think thats the cover version, the original was by mason williams.
    to me, thats the best guitar solo ever. if i could just play that......... :p:

14. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

@ Death Metal - I totally agree. You will always cross a song thats tough and if you get it down,there'll be another 1.

15. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

As of NOW, any Yngwie Malmsteen song.............

16. megadeth

megadeth New Member

the 5 most toughest songs to play
    1.michael angelo batio-speed kills
    2.michael angelo-speed lives
    3.symphony x- sea of lies(the solo)
    4.yngwie malmsteen-flamenco diablo
    5.megadeth-hangar 18(marty`s solos)

17. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

heh, i can play a near good version of sea of lies. The tapping part is hard since i suck at tapping.

18. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

*mm...
    * d*n't t**nk ***y wa** ** t*at *a*d....
    ***pt**n ** d*f*n*t**y *a*d**....
    t*at* w*at * *av* b**n t*y*ng t* ma*t** t**** day*....

19. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Have you tried Dont Fade Away - Whitesnake from their Restless Heart album played by Adrian Vandenberg. It might be pretty easier by notes but getting that feel is almost impossible. You could even hear the guitar wailing and breathing. Talk about life in music. I will give away my Acoustic Guitar to the guy who can play it and make it sound like the original; full of life.

20. insulttosanity

insulttosanity New Member

The mother of all acoustic songs..."HOTEL CALIFORNIA" By EAGLES....the acoustic live version....its TOUGH but thats when u enjoy the most yea....like i always say....when the going gets tough guitarists go nuts...ROCK ON!!!