Toughest Song to play...

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by mylod, Aug 15, 2004.

1. mylod

mylod New Member

hey all guitarists...
    which according to u is the toughest song to play...???

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

For me.. Its Holy Wars.... Punishm,ent Due..

BTW this is in the wrong forum.

3. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

arpeggios from hell

4. jayanth

YOu think so??

5. tejas

tejas ..........

I agree with Jayanth. Holy wars is the toughest song i've ever come across and im trying to learn it now.

6. jayanth

Holy wars is not tough to play.. When i play and sing(Like dave) i either miss the lyrics or the notes.. Once twice iplayed to propersl.. THe i couldnt. .So i stick to some heavy rhythm and the play properly..

By the way I play the drums and sing the together to perfection(almost)

7. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Haven't tried enough songs to say which ones the toughest...

It actually depends on what you mean by playing... Playing in a band, I would say that some Blind Guardian songs like Mirror Mirror are really tough.

8. jayanth

Playing in a Band, I would probably say "Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse" cause i never get the Double Bass timing right(On Drums I mean)

9. haid302

haid302 New Member

I'm new with guitars, so may be that's why I think of this to be hard, but tears in heaven (eric clapton) is MISSION IMPOSSIBLE!!

10. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Tears in Heaven is very easy... You just need to be able to finger pick a bit... keep on practising.

11. jayanth

Yhea i can even play it with a pick.. Its not that difficult..

12. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

reading the above is damn humbling...i guess my sacrifice is diff for me..coz i really am not into finger picking..in its infancy...or rather the foetal stages i wud say....:0

13. jayanth

No one finger picks in My sacrifice.. PLease note. If you keep thinking that its tiugh you wont play it.. And By my knowledge, Its a very very easy number..

14. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

sorry...my mistake...i meant with arms wide open....isnt finger pickin the way to play this

E||------------------------------------|-----------------------------------|
    B||--0h1-------1-----1-3---1-----0h1h0-|--0h1-------1-----3----1-----0h1h0-|
    G||------0-------0-----------0---------|------0-------0---0------0---------|
    D||--------0---------------------------|--------0--------------------------|
    A||--3-------3-----3-----3-----3-------|--2-------2-----2----2-----2-------|
    D||------------------------------------|-----------------------------------|

15. jayanth

YOu can Pick play it why all the Finger picking troubles..

16. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

i can't play ONE by metallica especially the heavy part with the double bass drums. .. try as i may i can't move my hand so fast. . .

17. chetan

chetan New Member

its not too difficult if you let your wrist loose... what i have noticed is that when you tense up your wrist, its difficult to pick fast.

most dream theater songs are difficult to play... petrucci's ability to speed up is ridiculous... try 'in the name of god' for ridiculously fast confusing arpeggios

18. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

but how does one pic two strings without not touching the string in b/w em??

19. jayanth

DT aint tough to play.. I learnt loads of DT songs in first attempt.. The double bass part in One is simple if you just relax dont think about it. Think about the Fury and play it..

20. jayanth

Saurabh thats a skill.. You mute it with your right hand he he.. Use your pinky finger..