Totally New Guy NEED HELP!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by r@zor2, Feb 29, 2008.

1. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

Hey guys
    im totally new in the field of guitars . I have always wanted to play an electric guitar ever since i heard rock music finally im getting one. So which ones do u guys suggest by reading many posts in this forum i Know some of the brans like givson, hobner etc
    So i have a budget of not more than 4 k
    which one do u guys suggest
    And i need an amp and other stuff so which (cheap and affordable) one do u suggest

thanks in advance guys
    PS :- I love Guitars

2. dirt

dirt New Member

friend

havent u larnd in akaustik gitar.or r u stret in2 elektrik

3. amitrichardxess

amitrichardxess New Member

Don't go straight away into electric guitar, start with an acoustic guitar........first
    or u can go for acoustic guitar with pick up in it. so u can also connect it with an amp.

4. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

Are there any particular reasons why i should go for acoustic first because i love the sound of an electric guitar and i love rock music . And can u please tell me the prices of Acousitc with pick up and what exactly is the use of an amp

5. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

Oh one more question Should i go with an acoustic guitar like u said. So if im buying an acoustic should i buy nylon strings or steel strings
    Thnx pls reply

6. amitrichardxess

coz u r a beginer and u hav to learn evrythin from basic, electric guitar u cannot use all the time it require sound system to connect with it, u cannot carry it everywhere like in ur guitar class, once u learn in acoustic u can go for electric guitar as expensive as u can, u will be needing a processor also for electric guitar to play all rock music..... as u want to be in rock music learn in western style nt in classical indian style

7. amitrichardxess

and also go 4 steel string guitar not dat nylon

8. amitrichardxess

go 4 jombo f-cut guitar

9. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

Thanks mate
    but why steel strings i heard they are harder to push down and they pain more to a beginner.
    And any brands u would like to suggest for this F-Cut guitar thing

10. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

I live in chennai any stores u would like to suggest i called up shruthi musicals it sems they have an acoustic for Rs 2200 dont know the brand or anything will check out

11. amitrichardxess

i like the sound of jumbo guitar more than mediun or slim type and f-cut coz u can move ur finger to the lower frets also, which is not possible in another shape of jumbo guitar, yaaa steel string r harder to push but their is a technique to do so which u have to learn and also steel string will make ur fingers hard hehehe.
    Well the main reason is dat u will use plectrum to strum and it will damage ur nylon string easily. steel string are good & cheap and u will also won't mind breaking it.

12. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

ok thanks mate then a steel-string acoustic guitar F-cut it is . I am going to try teaching myself any website u suggest i know of guitar.about.com very nice site . any others???
    And any specific brand u would suggest for the acoustic guitar???

13. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

4k is too low for electric guitar+amp

The Cheapest deal you an get is the behringer beginners pack. I dont knw if they are available now but they were like 7k for guitar+amp.

But my advice to you is to get an acoustic first and try out for a few months before you switch to electric.,,.

14. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

Hey guys can anyone suggest me an acoustic within 3k maybe ibanez or something please give model number too
    awaiting reply

15. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

get a Gb&a jumbo

16. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

and how much will that cost and will i have to buy anything else he will be giving my picks i guess and i will need a strap anything else?

17. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

18. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

some one help me here hows GB&A AG 100

19. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

this guy is still livin in old days.. ibanez 3k???

20. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

Thats not ibanez thats GB& A