Top Gun Anthem

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by meltingpoint83, Nov 12, 2004.

1. meltingpoint83

meltingpoint83 New Member

hey guys...most of you Satriani fans kno how to play this amazing piece....but i got a question...what guitar effects has Satch used in this piece??...how can i get that crazy sustain he gets that makes da guitar literally scream!!....lemme kno if any of u kno...thanx...eZ

2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

not too sure....but i think its that edge bridge he has...plus he has the pups tunred really high on treble.....i tried that came close.....but close was the best i got....

3. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

the top gun anthem is very easy..
    but i don't think it is done by joe satriani, at least the original is by Harold Faltermeyer & Steve Stevens.

n that screaming is nothing but harmonics.

4. satch has used wah and delay...
    used the bridge pick up of the guitar if im not mistaken
    the pedal slightly pressed and left alone on the wah ...

5. meltingpoint83

meltingpoint83 New Member

thanxs guys....btw one question......what effects extend sustain??..w/o changing the clean sound of the strings?

6. delay.....

and vibrato..its a left hand technique...i think there is a lesson abt it on the site

7. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Vibrato technique basically involves vibrating the string in a to and fro motion with your left hand without changing fret position for the note ur playing.

8. Mamasteen

Mamasteen <A-W-A-Y>

1st of all, if you are a satch fan YOU gotta listen to satch more intensely. I'm not a satch fan but at least I can make out that Top Gun Anthm' doesn't sound satch at all.

Did someone say Steve Stevens? I think he is right, although it sounded like Eddie Van Halen to me... maybe the harmonics foxed me.

The sustain n da screamings are the 'effects' & the 'causes' are - a normal Drive and an Artificial Harmonics.

One thing I hate about You satch fans' is that - when you play an electric guitar, it is like, your fingers are busy on the guitar processor, not on the fingerboard. So much hooked up with effects! play some good music Satch Fans. Like Father like Son they say. "laughs"