ToOoOo Moderators

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by Reem, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reem

Reem Banned

Hi,

how come the forum shut down.. and our msgs had been deleted and no one bothered to inform us or post a notice of the problem.. I have posted a msg here and sent private msgs last Wednesday and today I didn’t find anything??!!!

PLUS, a scary msg keeps appearing to me time to time.. "Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here" guys I didn’t do anything .. I am INNOCENT..

I don’t know if I am the only one who noticed all these things.. ??!!

Upset Reem..

2. tejas

tejas ..........

Wrong forum. There was a break down the other day and some of the data was lost. Everyone was informed, check the thread "Back in the past" in the chit chat longue. As far as ur IP address being banned goes, i have no idea. Altough it seems its working now? The mods have a lot on their hands, so they cannot inform everyone individually. Thats why the lord, posted a message in one of the threads. There is no need to be upset. Everything is alright now.

3. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Hi Reem, We had an hardware failure and suffered some data loss due to it. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please PM me your ip, so i can look into your problem.

4. The Dark Matter

The Dark Matter Imperceptibly unknown

There, one more problem solved. :beer:

I really appreciate the quick response we recieve from the IGT Mods. Keep up da good work guyz :beer: :rock:

5. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Moved to Feedback..

6. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

wow now I can see the tabs I posted last night but not the message I posted earlier this morning...
    problems with the site or problems with my browser caching? :think:

7. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Site was down yesterday aswell and lost half a day's data.

8. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

ok, thanx!
    hope everythings fine now.

9. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

We would love to assign BACKUP job to you, ... Reem!

Hi Reem,

Just got your views that you were very upset with the backup manager, not doing his job well??
    You suggested that a backup must be made every 2 hrs...
    Cool suggestion!
    Just give a read out to following stats of IGT:

MySQL Databases: 4
    Diskspace Used: 316.38MB
    SQL Diskspace Used: 129.96MB
    Current Bandwidth used: 2664.50MB i.e 2.60GB per month

Now, i can give you the power to backup IGT data, can you backup the data every two hrs??
    I give you a rough idea... The data in raw format amount to massive 600MB+..

So I hope you have a atleast 1MB/S dedicated line to Internet!
    Please let us know if you can handle this job!

Cos, we people sitting here are just having a 256Kbps Internet line, which cannot backup 600MB+ data every 2 hrs...

So think and let me know...

And regarding your IP as denied, that was bcos our main server was dropping connections to recover to its full capacity! So in the process it was denying valid connections.... We regret the inconvenience caused!

REgards,
    Zooom...!!

10. Reem

Reem Banned

hey..

ohhh you got my msg.. I thought the crash deleted it.. hahhahha anyway don’t be mad.. zooooom..

thank you for the job offer.. I don’t accept it.. and by the way, I have 1MB/S dedicated line to Internet but I temporary don’t use it coz it brings for me millions of viruses..

Anyway, I have suggestion why don’t your assign the backup job to a backup site.. many sites can backup the system in no time.. search the Internet and u will find some free and some with fees but not much..

What do u think..
    Chaw
    Reeeeem..!!

11. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i am zoomeed ,... !!!~!!

12. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

@ Reem And Zoom.. Chill
    @ Bob :- Cool..

@ Other.. Please post only genunine problems.. No Zoomed and Job Offers aand rejections..

13. rajscorps

rajscorps Kaput

Arm chair opinions are ridiculously easy to shoot. It's very hard administrating a forum people. This forum would have gone up in smoke had it not been for Zoom.

Thread closed.

Raj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.