Tool - Lateralus

Discussion in 'Music Reviews, Albums, Biography etc' started by tejas, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Im not surprised, not many bands offer competition against Maynard James Keenan when it comes to lyrics and vocals.

2. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Its not about the music itself (ofcourse competition doesnt exist), but the music videos, there bizzare but good in some way.
    Is there some kind of https://www.toolpantheon.com for the videos?
    They won the awards.

3. Mr. Scary

yeah the music videos ARE weird...hmm there was a site i came upon that explained the videos...ill look for it.

4. shsnawada

@Mr. Scary: Did you find the website for the videos?

5. Mr. Scary

Sorry,, ive looked EVERYWHERE, I still can't find it.

6. shsnawada

You know what? Maynard said that he 'found jesus' in april and he was going to leave both tool and perfect circle.
    https://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1499613/20050405/tool.jhtml?headlines=true
    And now he confessed that, that was an april fool's joke.

Anybody knows about when tool's next album would come out?
    In toolband.com, it said that the album was ahead of schedule, in mtv.com he said that he lets the ideas flow and that there was no plan for the next album.

7. tejas

tejas ..........

Yes, I know that he said he found Jesus, and he wasnt lying. He found a guy named Jesus:p:. Anyway, their new album should be out this year. Somewhere around November. Watch out for it.

8. shsnawada

DC said that its gonna be heavier than lateralus, so.... you never know what they are gonna do. Anyway check this website out: https://www.ninjapirate.com/maynard.html
    Wierd people: Both maynard and the guy who wrote this thing.

9. tejas

tejas ..........

I've already seen it. Height of joblessness.

10. shsnawada

11. tejas

tejas ..........

Try Limewire or some other similar programme. I got it off it. The link you mentioned there is very old, it was published even before Lateralus was released and as you can clearly see, its totally false.

12. shsnawada

OK, thanks. Limewire is where i got the whole collection of tool from. Damn but 101 MB thats a lot of stuff! Its gonna take at least 2 hours.

13. tejas

tejas ..........

Yeah. It will. But its a cool video. Like all the others.

14. shsnawada

It is a cool video. it took about 3 hours, but it was worth it. If only i knew the meanings.
    @Mr.Scary: Did you find it? I tried to find that website with google but i couldnt.

15. shsnawada

In the so called 'alternate order' how could Disposition/Reflection/Triad be seperated if they were originally supposed to be one song and they even play it live as one song?

@tejas: May maynard bless you. Did you do the avatar yourself?

16. tejas

tejas ..........

No. I stole it. Cool, innit?

I've wondered that myself. And play all the tracks in that new order, although they flow well together, I find that they flow better in the actual order. Is it just me?

17. shsnawada

It is cool.

Better in the original ? OK. I just found out that triad is some sort of extension of the grudge. Together they pump more adrenalin than berzerker for me atleast.
    Except parabol/parabola/schism and the grudge/triad,you could almost put them in a random order and every song flows into each other quite easliy. Its all subjective.

18. tejas

tejas ..........

I guess. Triad is an awesome instrumental. It gets me pumped up everytime I listen to it.

19. shsnawada

Yeah! And all that without any superfast bits.
    And there'a a bizzare adrenalin rush for me in the transition from ticks and leeches to mantra. Very Wierd. Is it just me?

20. shsnawada

Did any one of you try slowing down eon blue apocalypse and playing it over the begining of reflection??