Too much noise

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by horsesmouth, Jan 11, 2012.

1. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

Hi,
    We've had this problem since long. My lappy seems to be a good recording platform, specially since we've only made single tracks yet.
    The problem is that whenever I put my lappy on charging and try recording, there's lot of unbearable noise in the recording. But its good when I record without plugging in the charger.
    Its quite frustrating because I've to make sure that my lappy's fully charged before recording. And if it gets discharged while doing it, well, wait for it.
    Laptops are really good as far as portability is concerned. We even did songs on a building terrace.
    Why's there so much noise? What to do to prevent it?
    Solutions?

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Is it a specific charging point? I used to have this problem in an electric guitar and it was a problem with the earthing of the plug.

3. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Eathing is the most important thing, with no earthing or bad earthing, the recordings may really go bad, try a power outlet for your charger with good earthing........

4. horsesmouth

@bjr & aryasridhar.
    Nope, it happens everywhere, my home, my friend's home, another friend's home, just everywhere..

5. horsesmouth

Oh, my sony vaio charger comes only with a 2-pin plug, no earthing connection. Guess you're right. So is there an earthing problem? What should I do now?