Tongue eating bug found in fish!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Sep 11, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Tongue eating bug found in fish!
    A gross creature which gobbles up a fish's tongue and then replaces it with its own body has been found in Britain for the first time.
    The bug - which has the scientific name cymothoa exigua - was discovered inside the mouth of a red snapper bought from a London fishmonger.

The 3.5cm creature had grabbed onto the fish's tongue and slowly ate away at it until only a stub was left.

It then latched onto the stub and became the fish's "replacement tongue".

Excited

Scientists are very excited by the find.

Dr Jim Brock of the Horniman Museum in south London told Metro newspaper: "I have not seen this species in all my 13 years at the museum so it's a remarkable find."
    The bugs are usually found off the coast of California, so it's possible the fish was imported to the UK.

Freaked out

But don't be too freaked out - scientists say the creature does not pose any threat to humans and only attaches itself to fish tongues.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_4200000/newsid_4209000/4209004.stm

2. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

wow!!
    kool
    wish i wld have discovered that...

3. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

wow!

i hope this creature gets to humans tongues also ...

4. vini

vini Repeat Offender

lolzz.. when at first i didnt read neo's post properly i thot that that bug eats human being's tongue and then replaces it with its own body :Laughing: mannnn.. ah rotfl..

interesting piece of news...but no threat for me...as im a veggie(almost) ting ting tidingg :)

5. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

no ting ting tiddings......we demand tahda!

ok .....that news really freaked me out.....i dun want to loose my tongue in any case.....i can eat any sweats n relish them otherwise!
    i will slaughter that bitchy bug at first sight!

6. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@ rd

i dont think u'd ever eat it alive coz it will be cooked along anyway.. so rest assured! uL always have that tongue of urs wid u to blabber ;)

7. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

enough of scaring me ...vini.........im all over this topic!:mad:

8. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Wierd that you actually follow CBBC. Great find though.

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

It didn't help that I was eating my breakfast while reading this :|

10. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

hehe^^ did u vomit?

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

well...no. I also read a thread about Ed Gein (sp?)who exhumated corpses and ate them while having breakfast so this was not as bad after that.