To what lengths wud u go for a concert ticket

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by mrfreeze, Sep 17, 2005.

1. mrfreeze

mrfreeze The coolest one!!!

Hey guys.....say to what lengths wud u go to get a concert ticket of your favourite band...............one of my brother's friends sold his car for a metallica ticket...........personally i'd go as far as to sell my shoes, clothes and books on baazee...

2. shak

shak Harrr!

none what so ever ...
    i have betta things to do in my life than selling my car off for some drunken retards .. and i do know how to manage my priorities...

3. thts really sad... selling off ur books n clothes at baazee! i wud just 4get bout da concert :p and if i really really wana go i will take a loan 4m a frend or sumfin :p:

4. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

I'd simply black mail the person in the ricket counter..and manage a ticket..:)

5. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Have proper value for money. Even if its one of my favourite bands like tool, i'm never going to pay more than 1000 Rupees worth.

6. cant do tht in dubai... u'll be in jail 4eva

7. Ankitad

Ankitad New Member

U right lavina, in the uae you'd be sent to the jail for atleast a week for tryin to blackmail and especially if u try sumthin like that at virgin megastore, they'd kick u out and send u to jail !!!!
    But if i had to go to sum concert, i'd take a loan from my friends or pataofy my parents into giving me the money for the ticket.
    Neways sonu nigam and kunal ganjawala are comin to uk right now, and the tickets are already gone, if u go to ebay uk u might find sum tickets on sale/bid !!!
    Miss Abu dhabi and all the concerts in dubai, the best was when Doh Point Nau (2.9) came to Dubai !!!

8. yeah virgin megastore has got tight security...

it woz kool wen 2.9 came 4 da rain dance last year =P but i couldnt go bcoz it wz +18 =(

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Agreed. I paid 400 bucks for the Satriani concert and actually thought four or five times before shelling out the money.

10. concert tickets here are fukin xpensive :mad: mayb like around 300-1,200 dhs? [3600-14440 rps]

11. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Depends what you listen to.... If you listen to Satriani, then its quite obvious youre going to waste quite a lot. Better go to some underrated (but awesome) underground band's concert.

Underground's the best. :rock:

12. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

:eek::..Guy's I'll be going to BSBs concert..;)..I love them..:)

13. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

no way anything above 500 ...

that is the limit ,.,.

i agree with shs ...
    underground band rules ...

infact i find even the covers played by local bands in competitions much better than going to a concert ...

usually in concert u hear whatever is pop ... but in competitions n underground scene ... most of the styuff is new n unknown ...

14. shak

shak Harrr!

we get free concerts here every saturday ... all around bham! .. you jsut need to know when and where to be . lots of young underground talent! some of em are even better than the pros ..
    so yeah undiscovered talent rulzz

15. coolgirl_babe

coolgirl_babe ~STOP TRYING TO BE ME~

I am trying to go to this concert of Green Day. It costs almost like Rs. 2000. I already have like Rs. 3150. If my parental unit allows me, then i will be able to go.

16. mrfreeze

mrfreeze The coolest one!!!

hey ppl....going to a concert of your favourite band is more than just shelling out money...it's about music and passion.....i mean i wouldnt mind shelling out 5000 bucks for a super concert by a super band, if i love the music....guess that i just love my music too much

btw, my elder brother's in atlanta and he's got me tickets for a metallica concert on the 17th of november....that is gonna kick some ass......

oh and rock concert means ROCK concert and not sonu nigam kunal ganjawala crap

17. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

depends on who is performing....even for my fav bands...not more than 1k buks

18. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

yes, but passion at what price? I've been saving up for a Boss GT-6 for the past year or two. I would rather have this and make my own music rather than going to watch the same damn thing that I've watched in videos and hear the same damn thing that I've heard in albums. Joe Satriani does almost the exact same thing everywhere.

Of course, I agree that being there is different but not different enough to make me spend so much.

19. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

my part time job is .....Usher at concerts!!! so yea!!!! no ticket....free concert :dance: :dance: :dance:

20. Kobain

Kobain New Member

well if g n r regroups and plays in india ..... least i can do is join them in concert..(play i mean) hehehe...