Tips on how to start a BAND

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by coolguyno1, Sep 10, 2007.

1. coolguyno1

coolguyno1 New Member

Hi guys ...well I was wondering ..how should one proceed towards the idea of starting a band...future prospects ....
    any ideas ... about the mental strength factor ..skill factor ...other things any thing ..please share ...your views

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

All you require is ppl who think like you.
    Once you get together - your band is formed.

No real skills requierd - just a good manager who can promote you.

3. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

start meeting different musicians, jam with them, at one point ull most probably meet people who have music tastes like u, think like you etc..

4. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

and the equipment should be good too...otherwise the jams are extremely frustrating..the most difficult thing is obviously finding the members...

5. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

The first thing, in my opinion is, you got to know what kind of music you are willing to make and then you have to try finding people who are willing to make such music. Ofcourse you have to look for some good musicians if you want to make some good music!
    If you want to make an indian popmusic band, then i think you need at least, a guitarist, a bassist, a keyboardplayer, a drummer and a vocalist. A percussionist would be a pre.
    Settling some rules, what is allowed (in the band, during a performance, etc.) and what isn't,would help leading the band the proper way, so their has to be some discipline in the band! To organize all this, you better choose a suitable bandleader, ofcourse in a democratic way and every member has to agree when making this choice!