Tips For Buying a Perfect guitar with Setup

Discussion in 'Guitar Tablature Discussion' started by jayanth, Sep 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Guess we should revive this thread.
    What say Abhijitnath, Ronnieanand, Chintan, Sridhar, Dennis, Alfons .......... infact all the d00ds.

Anyway the data on this thread uptill now seems to be outdated/redundant/bragging/mostly spam.
    So mebbe this can be made into a useful thread.

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

My first tip:
    There is no perfect guitar or perfect gear

Everything depends on money and personal prefereneces.

Step One:
    Decide what kinda sound you want from your gear.
    Ofcourse you would want to sound somewhat like some of your favorite artists.
    Check their gear.
    Check the price.

Now come back to senses.

And decide how much are you willing to spend.

For Electric setup:
    The basic requirements are a guitar, some amplification device and a speaker. (and electric power supply too)

This basic setup will give you slightly more versatility as compared to acoustic setup.
    However if you want to have the various effects like distortion, chorus, flanger, echo, dealy, reverb, you have the following options:

1. Some amps have built-in effects like distortion, reverb, Equalizer etc
    2. Get processor. A processor is like a computer that changes the quality of the signal coming from the guitar. So u can make you guitar sound like Metallica or Bryan Adams.
    The processors gives you a lots of flexibility at very less price.
    However, the quality of sound (though very subjective) is far less than what the profesionals at studios get.
    3. Use stomp boxes. Each stomp box usually handles one effect.
    So u have a Boss Metalzone for Metal Distortion and Boss Delay for adding delay to your signal. Usuallly the sound quality of these are better than Processor, however, to get a decent set-up u need three/four stomp boxes and ofcourse it will cost more than a processor (most of the times)
    4. Racks. Racks are improved versions of processors and stomp boxes. Greatly imporved version. Most of teh studio professionals use them.

If you decide to go for Racks, you probably shouldn't be reading all this coz you know more than me :p

Step Two:
    Decide the setup type and check the price.
    Take feedback from various ppl.
    Go to the store and check the equipment out yourself.

Ease of use/playability reliability and sound quality should be your judging criteria. (and ofcourse the servicability)

Step Three
    Post your thing here

Aaaah! It is so difficult to write somethign so generic

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  3. Evo Guy 911

Evo Guy 911 Banned

Guyz..... I know its off topic, but something funny is going on here at IGT. I've been hearing a lot abt Hobner 265 around here, but, funny thing, Google seems to know nothing abt no Hobner.... The results pulled up some links from IGT only. However, it DID say, "Did you mean Hohner?" I clicked that, and it ws the homepage for Hohner USA. With an "H" instead of "B". Someone plz clarify whats goin on. Peace.

4. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

giVson :: giBson

hoBner :: hoHner :: hoFner

:p:

5. rickkky_rich

rickkky_rich Banned

can u gimme the name of the shops in bang..... plzzzz!!!!

6. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

even i can play guitar , bass......learning violin and drums....................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.