Tips For Buying a Perfect guitar with Setup

Discussion in 'Guitar Tablature Discussion' started by jayanth, Sep 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

The Best Indian guitar available to date are

In the acoustic category - Hobner 265 Model - Costs -3500Rs
    In The Electric Category - Tansen - Costs - 6500Rs

Change of Pickups - 1000Rs
    total Cost - 7500 Rs .

Also Use Ernie Ball Strings . You will definately improve you play. Then switch over to local strings. Ernie Balls in Bangalroe costs around 700 Rs.

I bought a Jackson and so i have to use imported Strings.

Also available in Bangalore are Dean Markley Fretblasters . These are only good for Shred Guiatrisst like me . Because paying 1800 for Strings and then snapping it by playing Chords is not advisable.

I recently got Good Picks or Plectrums company direct from Jim Dunlop . And these are awesome . You can simply play fast leads in a jiffy.

when it comes to Amps. there is no Question . Peavey is the only good option. If you are planning to get your self a rack gor for 5150 (Rs 48,000/-) Also you can get good distortion unit from Rocatron and G Force. (I Use These and they are awesome) . but the problem is you dont get a midi Foot swith here . So you have to use an old Digitech GNX 3 or a Boss GT3 to change effects. Once you ge tused to it you are good.

Coming bact to Acoustic, Hobners are easy to play on and are inexpensive. Go for a good Processor like the Boss compressor and get a good pickup. Connect it to your computer or your Amplifier . You wil sound like a professional Guitarist.

2. Zeus

Zeus New Member

5150 (Rs 48,000/-) Holy shit m8, thats a lot of money;)

3. jayanth

For a rack guy thats cheap. You got to see the Intellifex by Rocatron. I guess that costs around 20K tahts why the Rack costs 48,000. G Force is effects personified costs another 10 K so the basic amp costs just 18 K i guess

4. Zeus

Zeus New Member

I would never ever never spend 12k on an amp!!! But i guess thats just me...alota guys might actaully purchase them....:)

5. jayanth

How Professional are you into Music. I am A guitarist, Keyboardist , Drummer , Bassist and a composer.

6. Zeus

Zeus New Member

:nw:

7. jayanth

Come On.. I did work hard on it.. Actually i owe it to my Parents who bought me the stuff so that i could Become what i am..

8. slash

slash New Member

what are you??:shock:

9. HellRazor

HellRazor New Member

the boggie man...:) hehehe....:beer:

10. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Which ones did u use? Extra slinky?

11. NuageOutlaw

NuageOutlaw New Member

Wow...thats some hardware there....:shock: costs a fortune too...:p

12. jayanth

Extra Slinky. Now using it on my Acoustic. I use Dean Markley fretblasters on the Jackson.

13. Redalert

Redalert New Member

Extra slinky...:beer:

14. shyam

shyam New Member

LMAO:p

15. RAVISHINGBOY

RAVISHINGBOY J@CksoN BoY !

Jayanth i Must say Ur aN all rounder !
    Cool man U did lots of Hard work !

16. jayanth

Thanks dude..

17. RAVISHINGBOY

RAVISHINGBOY J@CksoN BoY !

I wana Be an All rounder Too I think some day ill be .. !

18. jayanth

YOu can be.. Stop stealing first... :mad:

19. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

how about changing the electric to a fender strat ??? costs bout $1000 but i got it cheap for 400 bucks .... that too a special edition one ..... n it does sound awesome ........ alas ..... it was a gift for a fren ..... how i want it back now that i'm into music ...

20. jayanth

You dont need a Strat to be an Allrounder.. I have a better guitar.. It looks cool, sound amaging costs ok. A JACKSON KE3 KELLY(marty Friedman Signature US series)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.