Thoughts on Tendulkar!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Ankur_Scorpio, Mar 21, 2006.

1. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Nope, I didn't....

2. bsharp

bsharp New Member

Whether he had said so or no but
    Kiran More is really the biggest joke.
    The joke lies in the fact that how
    can a player of Kiron More category , criticise
    the quality of Sourav ganguly. ?

3. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Xactly!
    Well said buddy! I also hav the same opnion but More (Yeh dil mange more !)....

4. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

yeah i remember seeing kirmani also hit out against kiran more and was thinking to myself that when top guys like kirmani have so much respect for ganguly who the hell is this small time cricketer called more to act so haughtly on one of india's all time great cricketers?

5. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

even more rediculous is that vivek razdan - a veteran of 3 odd tests posing as some authority and criticizing all and sundry !!

the trimvirate of chappal, more and powar will run indian cricket to the ground in about 3 months or so. also the parochialism is all there to be seen - 2 of the 3 tests matches against england were in maharashtra - powar's homeland. damn, whats an assclown politician with a fuked up face like powar doing at the helm of bcci ??

6. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

:cry1:

thts very sad way u think

7. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Sad, but true.......
    Everything has an end. That is why we are not immortal, that is why science will never be able to know 100% of this universe, that is why great sports personalities have retiered. No doubt Tendulkar is one of the best batsman world has ever seen, but he is also a human. It is better for him to retiere now with the glory, or some day will come when he will be kicked out of the team (please do not mind, I am also a blind fan of Tendulkar). It has happened to almost 60% of all the gr8 cricketers.....

8. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Why do you want to drop tendulkar and still say nothing about gautam gambhir?

9. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^^^^^^Nothing to say really. Why don't we drop both?? If Ganguly's performence was not enuf to play for the country, then we should not only drop Tendulkar and Gambhir, but most of the current players!(and that's not very funny)

10. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

how do ppl feel that ganguly wasnt given chances .. man he was in miserable form for 5 long yrs and everyone knew he was in the team coz he was captain .. and its not like he's been in blinding form in the domestic matches either

this match aside , i do think that dravid's a fine captain and chappel a fine coach .. its not their fault if all the top guns (apart frm dravid himself) fail to score ..

abt tendulkar .. well only he can decide his fate coz no selector on earth will have the balls to keep him out !

and abt that boycott comments .. man everyone knows his nature .. just please the indian crowd with his comments and earn big bucks by giving interviews and all to media .. how many know he was an India hater in his playing days .. and now he seems o love india and indulge in indian cricket discussions .. its all money talking .. and he knows how to take advantage of situation .. clever englishman !

11. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

i agree no selector has balls to drop tendulkar :p:

so enjoy

his da best n hill b bck soon
    dun forget his a human being2 n dun forget again his past records ;)

if we strt dropping all r players at d end politicians wud hav to come on pitch wearing helmet

ps~> wen india loose al 11 players r out of form so wud u drop all 11 of thm?

12. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

So many teams have done it man .. South africa gave responsibility of captainship on da inexperienced shoulders of Graeme Smith .. Mark waugh .. steve waugh in australia were dropped .. Graham thorpe was a great player he was dropped .. vaughan in england .. i mean .. come on .. after all how long are they gonna stick to him .. Is there a dearth of Talent in INDIA ?

13. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

I'd say when any cricket player is 35/36, its too old. But otherwise theyre ok.

I do bet that many of you must have been sad to see robin singh go a few years ago. He was 36 but still good.

14. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

^^yeah robin singh was good...so was arvinda de silva..
    i still remember hitting sixes all over the park when he was 36+

15. vishalj

vishalj Banned

I still remember that drawn match against Zimbabwe in Parle (spelling?). I felt so sorry for him.

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Do you not agree that what happened with Sourav was unfair?

How on earth is being unfair to another cricketer (and a legend at that) justice in your eyes?

This is not really about "getting even".

That is total bullshit. I'm not even going to try and explain here.

I do not call a defensive innings such as the one Rahul played in the first test and then in the other 2 again an innings worthy of a top gun. Defense does not mean not looking for runs when they are available. The same attitude is what is getting Sachin into the slump that he is.

True enough.

This is the first time you're making sense. Boycott is certainly a clever englishman which is more than can be said for Nasser Hussain.

Who on earth does television commentary for charity? It is not that he particularly likes India but being on Indian television it is a part of his job to focus on Indian cricket and he does not mince words.

17. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

a lot of very valid points there bjr.

will differ on boycott tho. if you remember his reaction when india threw the match away with zimbawae in the england world cup (ramesh threaw his wicket away) then you'd know how much he takes pleaseure when the indian cricket team does well and gets upset when we play below potential. same applies for tony greig. when we lost the world cup finals to australia, he was looking more sad than most indian supporters.

18. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

whoa man .. thats coz theyre payed by these channels which a majority of indians see.. wud they like tony greig to dance with joy in front of the camera wen aussies beat india .. and answer is NO coz that be like rubbing salt on wound :D lol
    that said i do believe both greig and boycott are really good in their commentating skills ..

english bowlers were impeccable in their bowling .. and besides u forget he "ate" up a lot of balls and in the process helped india draw the first test ..
    sachin and dravid are different .. the former generally gets out if he's denied scoring oppurtunities .. dravid was never a swashbuckling player .. his forte is his patience ..

19. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Being a Dravid fan, I do believe I have watched him long enough to realize that he is at his best when he is grafting for runs yet putting the bad balls away. The fact that he helped India draw the first test is part of the problem. The fact that they were trying to draw a test against a second string English side is what is worrying me. I repeat there is a difference between being defensive and not looking for runs. The Indians' problem in the last few series have been that our middle order seems content to spend time in the middle without looking for runs. Not only does this allow bowlers to get on top, your mistake has to come eventually and you get out at a point where you have not scored many runs and the bowlers are in rythm and at their peak because you have allowed them to settle down. No one grudges them their cautiousness in the early hour of the morning but what happens later? Monty Panesar bowls impeccable spells....disgusting.

20. kaiser

kaiser Bored

yaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnn...........................sambandh.

hahhahaa