thoughts on indian rock

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by rocksta, Nov 18, 2005.

1. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

lol@Scary and Shahrukh.
    I think a possible rbeak wud be if a band like Parikrama gets to do a tune on a Bolly movie..a major bolly movie. Thatta be awesome...a link is all we need.
    If the song is really gud, then interest and curiousity builds and the floodgates open.
    But then again the problem isnt a dearth of talent, its the lack of someone taking the chance.

rocksta likes this.
  2. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

^^thats a good idea..
    if any of the bands get to do a bolly movie..toh woh zaada famous ho jaayenge..
    i mean to the local masses..

like we have this salim-suleman duo..doin movies...

3. rocksta

rocksta Live Fast Die Young

misunderstood man

heyhey got me all wrong man. u talk bout shivsena...who the fuk gives a fuk bout s.s??(sounds jus like the german police in ww2 doesnt it?). read the last line as---u cant force sumthin on sum1 forever...but i digress..lemme tell ya man..i was into pop shit (pop trap,pop shit...cmonn ppl any mo such wrds yall can come up with?) till i started learnin the guitar..dats wen i herd bout satriani...vai..malmsteen.etc. an also i wanted to learn the guitar coz i sawsum1 play xtremes mo than wrds.i didnt even know it was dat song..but hearing the music frm those strings made me wanna create the same magic.
    so imeant dat learnin d guitar culd be a more probable step to lovin rock

4. rocksta

@asmo..
    tru man van halen played in thriller huh?

5. rocksta

whatttanidea!!!

sweet mother of god !!fukin A!! respect man...mindblowin idea....jus need 1 good tru rock song on bollyv...if u cant beat em..join em an then screw em.

6. rocksta

reps for dennis bhai for dat gr8 idea.

dennis likes this.
  7. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Rock songs in bollywood? Has happened before...
    There was this movie out this year called Paanch. It was about a newly formed band and stuff... kinda liked the main song...
    As for speaking, Ali Azmat's song was used in some movie, but then again, ?

8. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Yaar..its all about baby steps i guess, even perhaps Saif Ali Khan playing air guitar might be enuf to entice some people into rock.

9. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Saif ali khan playing an actual guitar might be better. Him playing rock will be the best. for indian rock.

10. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Bollywood actors turned rockstars...woah

11. rocksta

heres how it wrks man..or how it culd wrk wen i say promote thr instrument....
    like say sum pimply faced teen popper sees saif playin guitsr...hmmmm..i shuld copy saif and get maself a guitar....whoa!! wat an amazin instrument yaar...let me see now who else play good guitar?..so he goes on google an sees...whose vai?satriani?hendrix??gotta hear them man...and so ppl...he slowly percolates into rock.

12. shak

shak Harrr!

hmm a good idea.. but the sort of image that i have of bollywood and its music .. makes me wonder, to what extent will the actress will be able to to those hip swerves and those funny dance steps to a rock song?? .. moshing in a bolly movie wont go down the producers throat very easily .. havin no dance won go down the throat of general public very easily ... so yeah there is a problem . but i am sure we can get around it ..
    as ansph said .. that rock cant evolve until bolly music is there .. i think i will differ here .. you see the west .. has a very similar "plague" i.e pop and girly bands .. and they have a huge following .. so if rock can exist and breath in west ..while havin such a huge competition with pop/girly wirly gay bands .. why cant in india??!!! west = rock vs. girlies ....... india = rock vs. bolly ..
    or am i missing a point?

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

lol @ moshing in bolly movies..hahahaha
    I guess a song liek But It Rained would be perfect..i myself 'converted' about 15 pals into Indian Rock fans through that one song. The vids perfect too....i guess the song wudve been perfect for those Border type of movies( excuse my poor knowledge of Bolly)

14. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Indian rock is like rock ... I wont change .. it'll be as crappy as ever ... coz we indians suck ...
    Suck the white mens @#!% ........
    So even if a Satriani is there in India the HEP buggers wont listen .. Coz its DESI !!!!! hell with it .......

15. rocksta

life itself suks man..but we try our best to make it a bit less suking right?same way we gotta try to make indian rok less full of shit.