thoughts on dravid's captaincy

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jamhead, Mar 23, 2006.

1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

That's a pretty sad view really if you're calling playing cricket a hobby of no significance.

Watching cricket is just about as sad as watching TV in general. Take it as a compliment or a put down....your take.

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

OOps

I meant if you are wathcing cricket all the day, it means you dont have a significant hobby - including playing cricket.

That means just opposite of what you insinuate. :)

3. bsharp

bsharp New Member

Hey Man,

Not considering the Dravid - Chappel case but
    In general captain is not always a nominal head ( just like President ),
    A good eg. is Sourav Ganguly.
    He really administered and excelled as a captain.
    He was active and his decisions in team selection
    played important roles. unfortunately cricket politics in india wins..
    Similar names include Imran Khan , Arjuna Ranatunga n many more.

Coming to dravid's captaincy..
    He is undoubtedly a great batsman but not a good captain...

4. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

well you keep comming up with tangential posts like this one which contribute to the thread topic in no way and then go complain to mods and admins if i put you in your place (like i did so many times b4).

if you dont like a thread, just stear clear of it. whats your problem if i post on dravid or chappel or pamela anderson???
    i never find fault if others come up with threads which i dont think are very important. so why cant you?

5. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Aye...........

6. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

wtf man .. I hate dravid as a captain .. Donno who makes da decision .. Chappel or Him .. I dislike Indian team and management altogether .. BCCI is friggin havin tons of money .. even more than da richest EPL football teams .. n they're managin it disgracefully .. I don't even feel like supporting India in a match .. :annoyed:

jamhead likes this.
  7. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

as usual Boycott managed to hit the nail on the head when he went on record on NDTV and said "kiran more is a joke".

8. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

Boycott is a brit bastard who speaks both sides, and has been pwned innumebrable times...from the likes of siddhu et al. His opinion is as important as the little lizard droppings u find on walls

notty_lad likes this.
  9. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^^ :shock: :shock:

10. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

tu mumbai ki ranji team ko support ker:mad:

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

The fact that his opinions are unbiased and his ability to stick to his opinion for long periods of time give him more credibility than most people speaking on Indian television today. It's not always about ownage. Most people on Indian television believe in nothing succeeding like success. eg- hailing the move when they send Irfan Pathan in and he scores a 90 as a stroke of genius and then blasting it when he gets out for a duck etc. It's irritating to watch a panel of experts outside Star Sports or ESPN.

12. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

If theres an India VS Pak match going on EVERYONE IS WATCHING!!

13. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i beg to differ...his opinions are very much biased, and he does not stick to his opinions, at least not when i used to follow cricket. i'll see if i can find some examples of the same, and yes the ownage, is about his lack of credibility, and his shifting of opinons, in as little time as pre and post game interviews, which is why the ownage counts, other kinds i wouldnt care about.

14. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

[ WILL YOU GET OVER THAT ]

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I don't think this argument can lead to something productive so let's not even try. Either way, it does not make much of a difference.

We agree to disagree (I've started to use that a lot again) :beer:

16. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

thats right ..

man dont u understand that brit man just knows to make comments based on public sentiments. does he really want to elaborate whom he wants in the team and more importantly whom he wants dropped ?? i bet he wont ..

and think once for urself how difficult a life it must for selectors .. its a fashion to blast them .. if india wins matches no one credits them for picking a good team .. but yeah if the team loses then all of u just draw ur knives and call them "jokers" n stuff .. atleast the selectors now are a lot better than the selectors a few yrs ago when 6 ppl of team used to be frm karnataka and the rest 5 frm mumbai .. any loser player frm these two state team wud come into the team .. now good talented players are coming frm all parts of india and thats a good sign ..

17. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

watching cricket as i have done for almost 2 deacdes now, and having read more about cricket (from a magazine called "cricket" published by wisden) than most people read about anything, i can say with confidence that boycott along with tony greig, ritchie benaud and tony cosier, is one of the most astute and consistent experts of the game.

want to see a joker see gavaskar. he was blasting indian selectors for selecting pathan for the australia tour (in a program hosted by harsha bhogle, featuring ganguly, ponting and gavaskar) and then a month later when pathan was kicking ass in oz, gavaskar made an about turn and was all praise. he has done this volte face and talked his moronic talk, invariably on hindsight, far too many times to be counted even.

18. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

pwned.

I agree.

jamhead likes this.
  20. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

No i havnt taken part in TRP ratings...but I know how the system works because I know a whole lot of people (behind the camera) in the industry. I knew the guy who handled the screenplay of most Ekta Kapoor serials....and I know what TRp they get. The only time a cricket match actually pwned any other program was during the world cup 2002 finals.
    I very well know that the entire nation doesnt take part in the TRP rating thingy.

if u fuking want to start a poll go ahead and do it.

yeah this is moy last post related to the TRP thingy....now stfu.