thoughts on dravid's captaincy

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jamhead, Mar 23, 2006.

1. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

what do you make of dravid's captaincy decisions??

inviting the poms to bat, keeping laxman and kaif out, going with 5 batters, sending pathan to open... in this test he must have set a new world record for the highest number of innane decisions in a single test by any captain. and if you are going to tell me its Chappal who takes these decisions about team composition, toss, batting order etc... then why the hell do we have dravid as captain if all he is going to do is parrot Chappal's lunatic policies?

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

A captain is required just like a President is required.

3. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

oh really??

btw, going by Chappal's antics, one could think that a manager is required just like a prime minister is required :p

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Dravid bashing is not my forte.

5. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

as a player, he isnt bashable at all.

now as captain.....

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

pfft, there are other threads where I have voiced my anti-Dravid captaincy thoughts.

Which is sad since he's been my favourite cricketer since 1996 and a role model in terms of my cricketing style.

7. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

yah i just finished reading your mahabharat sized posts in the tendulkar thread.

cant see how rahul dravid can be role model in terms of cricketing style, unless you want to try and become another boycott or gavaskar. most youngsters like people like gilchrist or shewag who can hammer the hell out of attacks.

and as a captain, we either need to go back to pataudi days or wait for a couple dozen more years before we get another ganguly. remember ganguly started when india lost 3-0 to australia, when tendulkar handed his resignation and we were neck deep in betting controversies. even in the unlikely case that the indian team under dravid does just as well as they did under ganguly, you cant club them in the same league since they started in completely different situations. dravid didnt pick up the team from scratch.

there's a proverb that a team of sheep led by lions is better than a team of lions led by a sheep.

8. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

As a player, Dravid is one of the best. As a captain, Dravid is one of the worst ever:)
    I think Sourav is the best captain India ever had (His stats show that). I am not saying this bcoz I am a Bengali, I am saying bcoz I am an Indian and a true lover and a learner of the Game of Cricket......

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Cricket Cricket Cricket ............... its sooo Boring!

10. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^Oh YA! But still, it sucks the highest TRP in any channel!!!

11. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

LOL^^

dude, when it comes to TRPs ekta kapoor beats cricket hands down

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Sachin is not Sachin because he tried to emulate a Sachin. Sehwag is a Sehwag because he tried to emulate a Sachin.

Having role models does not mean you're trying to emulate someone.

13. shak

shak Harrr!

indian loses and jammy goes after chappel/dravid's nuts .. .. say "aye" who ever thinks this should be the part of primary history KS2 books ..

14. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

INDIAN CRICKET!!
    WEn a guy makes huger runs evryone stands by his side.
    wen he gets out for a duck the next day,u boo him.

i NEVER liked Chappel Or Dravid.

15. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

OK! IT'S a Bet!
    In one channel, India Pakistan match is going on, in another, the show U mentioned....
    Let us see who wins.....
    I ASK ALL THE VIEWERS OF THIS THREAD....WHO DO YOU VOTE FOR????

16. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

that was quite an outrageous statement (like ur siggy)....the members of this site do not represent the TV viewing junta in India.

in any case "Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi" pwns all other programs (and Cricket matches) when it comes to TRP.

as for me, I'll watch neither of the two. I prefer renting a DVD or watching old episodes of Takeshi's Castle than watch either of the two.

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Takeshi's castle and Just for Laughs/Gags on POGO take teh cake.

I consider (yes am presumptious) K serials and Cricket (note I put them in same vein - both are utterly boring, time consuming, usually no significant results, brews unnecesaary controversies, ppl go gaga over pathetic storylines/matches) good for ppl who dont have any hobby of significance (yes that include playing cricket also).

18. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

@Wizard
    They don't !! :shock:
    Why! They don't watch TV!!!!

secondly, it is your choice wotever U watch, I do not need to say NEthin bout it.

19. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

dude READ CAREFULLY

I didnt mention that they DO NOT watch TV
    I said they do not REPRESENT the entire nation...just asking them to vote doesnt make enough sense.

20. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

ok, tell me 1 thing....
    Have you taken part in any TRP surveys ever?? If yes, then how many??
    You are also a person who lives in India, isn't it??? so, it can be concluded that there are many more like you staying in India....
    So, the entire nation is not taking part in TRP survey. Agree??

I think you do not know how it is dun. Please check how it is dun actually...
    This the last post 4 now, will talk bout it later :)