Thought For The day

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by esgallindeion, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

In every person who comes near you look for what is good and strong; honor that; try to imitate it, and your faults will drop off like dead leaves when their time comes.
    - John Ruskin

2. zoomingrocket

Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest.
    - Mark Twain

3. zoomingrocket

History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, however, if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
    - Maya Angelou

4. zoomingrocket

I watched a small man with thick calluses on both hands work 15 and 16 hours a day. I saw him once literally bleed from the bottoms of his feet, a man who came here uneducated, alone, unable to speak the language, who taught me all I needed to know about faith and hard work by the simple eloquence of his example.
    - Mario Cuomo

5. zoomingrocket

I have noted that persons with bad judgment are most insistent that we do what they think best.
    - Lionel Abe

6. zoomingrocket

It is a supermarket where students are shoppers and professors are merchants of learning. Fads and fashions, the demands of popularity and success, enter where wisdom and experience should prevail.
    - Association of American Colleges

7. zoomingrocket

The great corrupter of public man is the ego. Looking at the mirror distracts one's attention from the problem.
    - Dean Acheson

8. zoomingrocket

There are times when I think that the ideal library is composed solely of reference books. They are like understanding friends - always ready to meet your mood, always ready to change the subject when you have had enough of this or that.
    - J Donald Adams

9. zoomingrocket

Not to engage in the pursuit of ideas is to live like ants instead of like men.
    - Mortimer Adler

10. zoomingrocket

Bored people, unless they sleep a lot, are cruel.
    - Renata Adler

11. zoomingrocket

If you practice an art, be proud of it and make it proud of you. It may break your heart, but it will fill your heart before it breaks it; it will make you a person in your own right.
    - Maxwell Anderson

12. zoomingrocket

Self-pity in its early stages is as snug as a feather mattress. Only when it hardens does it become uncomfortable.
    - Maya Angelou

13. zoomingrocket

A person's right to smoke ends where the next person's nose begins.
    - Anonymous

14. tejas

tejas ..........

In the fields of observation chance favors only those minds which are prepared.
    - Louis Pasteur

15. tejas

tejas ..........

Men use thought only as authority for their injustice, and employ speech only to conceal their thoughts.
    - Voltaire

16. zoomingrocket

As I give thought to the matter, I find four causes for the apparent misery of old age; first, it withdraws us from active accomplishments; second, it renders the body less powerful; third, it deprives us of almost all forms of enjoyment; fourth, it stands not far from death.
    - Marcus Tullius Cicero

17. zoomingrocket

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.
    - John Quincy Adams

18. zoomingrocket

Growing old is no more than a bad habit which a busy man has no time to form.
    - Andre Maurois

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.