This place is becoming boring than ever...

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by rickkkyrich, Sep 5, 2010.

1. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

i would love to hear some classical stuff from ultrabot... and i guess 10 H a day is pretty decent.. if you do music alone you can spend that much time.. at least i'd have done it..

2. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

^I wish I could, but I keep getting burned-out. I'm even disillusioned with classical and fingerstyle now, yet I know them to be complete essentials for me. x-P
    @Doc and Rickky, nay, it's 6 hours for now.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ You should sway towards Indi Pop.

4. ultrabot90

^Jokes apart, one of my projects is just that - accompanying a singer who'll sing from Bollywood to Rihanna :RollLol:

Well, it's not as bad as it may seem - it builds transcription skills (because I write it all down in sheet music first :p), and commercial music not being very complex, it allows one to work on their technique while simultaneously learning stuff which people can actually be interested in listening to...

...Compared to what I was recently learning in classical - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbtRa3JFf0I (one of my friends fell asleep when I played that :think:)

5. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I sleep listening to Metal... sometimes in office also.. :)

6. flood

flood New Member

oh yeah, me too! it's really boring...

7. flood

flood New Member

villa lobos is badass, and that chick is frigging hot. i could watch her for hours.

8. ultrabot90

Are you really hell bent on pissing everyone off? :RollLol:

9. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Lol... Stepped right into that one...

10. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

its soothing to ears..

11. abhizzz

abhizzz New Member

this place required some change...like post videos....pics...etc...thts make it intractive...
    indianguitar guitar lookz like MS-DOS.It need to be changed to window 7

12. ultrabot90

^Words of wisdom.

Actually, I want to say the same for the guitar. This instrument is used so...'typically'. We need something new...I'm really in awe of keyboard players these days - pianists, organists, Hammond organ players (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxTbVzY5KTY) - they've already achieved what we fingerstyle and touchstyle players are trying to achieve, and with a lot more ease and efficiency than we ever can.

13. flood

flood New Member

well.... then play the keyboards! you can't replace something like the guitar.

i think there are people constantly being inventive with the guitar - adrian belew, tom morello, matt bellamy, david torn...

14. ultrabot90

^True, but really. With tapping, you lose all the individual note tonal variation that was otherwise possible, so you're in keyboard domain, but it's still HARD to hold down stuff like 4 note chords (like CEGC and other four note chords) with one hand, and we're not even talking big jazz chords like those pianists yet, so we're like stuck in a limbo between guitar and keyboard. Plus you got to hold down every fricking note you want to sustain, like an organ (it'd have been so much nicer like a piano = hit a key, go anywhere else you like, it'll still keep sounding)...so like in arpeggios, it consumes finger- and fretboard real estate real fast. Perhaps I'm just being overly demanding and that too at the beginner stage, dunno. Just don't want to spend years of my life on it and then realizing that some other smart alec can do it too, and more effortlessly and a lot better at that.

/rant, sorry, really frustrated, this whole thing consumes me night and day -.-'

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

The tonal capabilities of the Keyboard and the Violin family is indeed more varied than the Guitar.
    But they don't have the same tone and stage presence!
    Not to mention the delicate intricacies involving overdrive and distortion

And you cannot jump and run around (like Angus Young) while playing those instruments.

16. ultrabot90

By tonal capability I meant how you can vary the tone of every note on the guitar with your fingers (in fingerstyle). This just ain't there on touchstyle guitar, just like on a piano. You can only alter every note's volume (and an organ or a harpsichord doesn't even have this...lol).

The moment people hear distortion (or even see an electric guitar), they just stop expecting good music, and put on the aural equivalent of black sunglasses.

And lol, I'm far removed from Angus Young. I'm more like a wannabe Joe Pass...or now that's like a wannabe-guitar-version-of-Jimmy-McGriff.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4ZiU10Ngq0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhDBDCZhNHY&NR=1
    Groooovy!

Edit - Writing it out here gave me some nice ideas...hehehe. ^^ Brb, studying organ players ;)

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

All right, so how many notes can you simultaneously play on guitar?

Or how many different tonal variations you can give to a note (guitar compared to a violin)?

18. ultrabot90

1-6, and the best part is it doesn't have to be adjacent strings. Fingerstyle > plectrums ;)
    Tonal variations - ...cmon?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FNlwmpU7Rk (very obvious variations)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPfZVflJdp0 (not so obvious (that could be just me)...but so many, and so subtle. Epic tone-phrasing (whatever you call it), for just one example - when he repeats a phrase.)

I'm not getting your point, though. Elaborate? o_O

19. flood

flood New Member

i don't think i've heard any electric guitar player with a more impressive tonal control and expression than jeff beck.

also, ultrabot, time to record and upload some stuff. nao!

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I can play 10 notes on a keyboard.

And the less I talk about creating a variety as well as emotion from a single note in a violin, the better it is for all the other instruments.

So lets just accept the differences each instrument has - and not try to make guitar a keyboard or vice-versa.