This guitar for sale (pictures included)

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Jimmy_Rage, May 12, 2010.

1. Jimmy_Rage

Jimmy_Rage New Member

Had a number of people inquiring about my Gibtone Strat copy, so I'm uploading images for you to take a look at... As promised, the guitar is in good condition, barring two minor dings at the bottom which occurred when my cheap guitar strap gave way... The case you see in the picture is the one you will get, as well as the strap...
    Kindly note:
    1) Gibtone used to be an Indian manufacturer like Tansen... Tansen, for those who don't know, have stopped making their own guitars so that they can build Jacksons... Don't know what happened to Gibtone, maybe they ran out of business..
    2) Good quality wood used for neck... I'm not sure of the wood used for the body, but the guitar weighs quite a bit...
    3) Other than minor damage, the guitar is in fab condition... See the reflections... Scratches are not very large and could be covered with tasteful placement of stickers...
    4) Note the sealed tuners... They alone are worth over Rs 700-800 (probably more) if you want the thing for parts...
    5) All the electronics are original, as are the pickups... You could always swap them out if you find the guitar any good...

Action is perfect and I used to love playing this thing... I now play a Fender '89 Made in USA Heavy Metal (HM) Strat and an Ibanez RG1820X Prestige guitar, so that is why I am selling my first guitar... It's been treated with love and respect and I'm looking for a good home for it, you are free to play the guitar before taking a decision...

Kindly note, I had offered this guitar as part of my "2 for Rs 3000" deal... The other guitar, a Givson, is in better condition, in terms of wear and tear... Sorry, I no longer have a free set of strings for them, but I'll give you a Rs 100 discount instead... Both guitars will come with hard case and a strap each... Great if you want to jam with a friend and start a band... This offer still stands...

However, if you only want to buy this guitar, the asking price is Rs 2,300, which I am willing to negotiate on... The price translates into about USD 50, which is not a real deal breaker, I hope... I repeat: you are free to play the guitar before taking a decision...

Here are the images:

Guitar Front
    [​IMG]

Guitar Tuners
    [​IMG]

Guitar Fretboard
    [​IMG]

Guitar Pickguard
    [​IMG]

Guitar Back
    [​IMG]

Guitar Ding 1
    [​IMG]

Guitar Ding 2
    [​IMG]

Let me know if anyone wants pictures of the Givson... The selling price on its own is Rs 1,000, negotiable... Peace.

- Jimmy Rage

2. Anchit7

Anchit7 Member

gr8 offer mate!!....if i hadn't bought my av3 just a month ago....i would have thought about it.....

3. yesh11

yesh11 New Member

nice guitar man! :) and dude nvr sell ur 1st guitar! its so special! :)

4. Jimmy_Rage

Jimmy_Rage New Member

Went to Onstage Music and got the guitar set up this afternoon after work... I'm sorry to have heard that the price I quoted was considered unreasonable by some because they thought it was the same thing as a Givson....

As I said, try before you buy, I guarantee that you will be surprised that the guitar is made in India (Kolkata incidentally, and the company is still very much in business)... You'll even see some more pictures of their guitars on google... Even Martin at Onstage remarked how good it was for an Indian instrument, which I was real happy about, given that at the time he was helping out a guy who had a Fender Eric Clapton Signature ("Blackie) which cost him Rs 175,000... I even jammed with that guy with this guitar and it was a lot of fun!

- Jimmy Rage

5. Jimmy_Rage

Jimmy_Rage New Member

Price drop -> Rs 2,000 (negotiable)...

- Jimmy Rage

6. Jimmy_Rage

Jimmy_Rage New Member

UPDATE: Givson guitar sold, but this one hasn't. Still looking for offers.

- Jimmy Rage

7. Jimmy_Rage

Jimmy_Rage New Member

Guitars sold! Thanks to everyone who enquired about them and even more thanks to the guys that bought them!

- Jimmy Rage