this classical music is hard stuff

Discussion in 'Pakistani Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by Imranyou2k5, Jul 31, 2005.

1. nadish

nadish Active Member

But wat abt gohar???????? I dont like he has got gud voice.... and he is the worst live performer I've ever seen.....

2. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

@nadish... worst live performer while singing or guitaring? please clarify...

i think its nothing wrong with his guitaring but his voice is kinda breezy.. so doesnt matches while playing.. but hes a good live performer overall

3. iffi

iffi New Member

man you guys look realy in to singing stuff i live in uk and i have started playing guitar like 2 years back and i do like singing and i do write my own songs tell me wht to so if i want to improve ma singing well man this is my first time in this forum hopr to get replied by u guys

4. Imranyou2k5

Imranyou2k5 New Member

like many ppl on the the thread said practice makes perfect practice the songs of the same style u wanna sing like and look into classical music like ghazals try to learn sa re ga ma as well

5. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

fuzon singer shafqat has a really topclass voice. dont know why ppl keep on harping that atif aslam has the best voice. tho even his voice does rock indeed

6. Tabish

Tabish New Member

well every one has its own opinion some said ali azmat is a worst singer but iam a big fan of him ,...same way shafqat is tecnicaly better then atif or other singer but same thing atif is not a bad singer his live performance are great ....second thing that there is not only shafqat singing in classical ahmed jahanzeb ,farooq (aaroh) ,lead singer of mekal hassan band and others that i dont remember right now also sings in classical manner ...even ali zafar is great with classical (live performing with out any orchestra).....

7. Imranyou2k5

Imranyou2k5 New Member

well guys i just saw a junoon concert in la yesterday and i change my whole view on ali azmat he is awesome his voice is the same as it is on cd he can actually sing i heard ali zafar sing and he seriously is horrible most of the time and even like atif but farhan saeed is really good from jal i heard him too before

8. FaWaD

FaWaD New Member

aysh likes this.
  9. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

hey thx man nice article !

10. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

A = Airflow. Never hold your breath while singing. The airflow is what creates and carries your vocal tone, so keep it flowing. Avoid Clavicular Breathing and Belly Breathing -- instead, learn the proper way to breathe for singing, called diaphragmatic breathing. Fill the lower portion of your lungs as if you had an inner tube around your waist that you were evenly filling.

B = Breathing properly for singing requires the shoulders to remain down and relaxed, not rise with the breath intake. A singer will gain power to their voice by strengthening the muscles in their ribcage and back.

C = Communicate the music's message. During performance it is very important to communicate the message of the song. If you make a "mistake" don't point it out to your audience. It is most likely they did not even notice.

D = Diaphragmatic Support. Develop the strength and coordination of the diaphragm and become a pro at controlling the speed of the airflow released, the quantity of the airflow released and the consistency of the airflow released.

E = Elasticity of the Vocal Folds. The vocal tone is created as airflow bursts through the cleft of the vocal cords causing them to vibrate/oscillate. The vocal folds can lose elasticity due to misuse, lack of use and/or increase of age. Be sure to train your voice with vocal exercises on a regular basis to keep your voice in shape.

A2Z Singing Tips
    By Vocal Coach Yvonne DeBandi

11. FaWaD

FaWaD New Member

nice post..

just a small one to conclude.. dont exercise or hold too much airflow or it might end up coming out from the wrong end... LoL!!! j/k.. guys.. Rizaaj is right..

12. Imranyou2k5

Imranyou2k5 New Member

hey guys got some lessons kinda directly from my teacher he says the most important thing in singing is pronounciation and raag countrol. go from low to high key with a constant raag practice everyday and u will learn to control ur raag once u can do that u can do anything

13. Tabish

Tabish New Member

where is your teacher~~~

14. Imranyou2k5

Imranyou2k5 New Member

los angeles california used to go to school with gulzar and manna dey and taught by some ustad

15. FaWaD

FaWaD New Member

bro.. i kno this is stupid to ask but since u r giving advice here..
    what is raag and raag control? could u elaborate a little bit.. cheers..

16. Imranyou2k5

Imranyou2k5 New Member

raag is like alaaps listen to ghazal when they go ahhhh u know what i mean u need to be able to control that raag going from low to high notes.

17. Imranyou2k5

Imranyou2k5 New Member

i will prob post a little sample of me doin it so u can understand later on

18. FaWaD

FaWaD New Member

thanks man.. i think i got an idea.. but anyways do post it..

19. Tabish

Tabish New Member

iam not confirm about it but as far as i know raag simply a scale ...you compose a song in c scale use all the note in c scale with different arrangment ....now for a singer he have to sing in such way that he always apply right notes ....not goes into any other scales or #...thats why in the startiong practice starts with sa re ga ma ~~ and matching the voice.....any one corrected if iam wrong....

20. Lahori_rocker

Lahori_rocker Guitar God left IGT

i think this site is for posting guitar tabs not a discussion abt vocals nd the good work is that to make a band just learn to play guitar nd get a good vocalist like imranu2k5 ........:)