this classical music is hard stuff

Discussion in 'Pakistani Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by Imranyou2k5, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Imranyou2k5

Imranyou2k5 New Member

i took my first classical music lessons today and the man made me do some crazy sa re ga ma pa di ni sa excercises and stuff and my throat is sore but he told me i have a good voice for a beginner and prob in 2 months ill be good enough to become pro but ppl in these forums say my voice is ok maybe its the recording at home or maybe either the teacher or these ppl dont know.
    well i hope the teachers write after all hes been singing for 25 years

2. Tabish

Tabish New Member

sa re ga ma is not a crazy stuff

3. Imranyou2k5

Imranyou2k5 New Member

i know thats not crazy stuff im saying he made me do crazy stuff using that like going nuts saying it over and over of course all music comes from that i mean indian paki music

4. FaWaD

FaWaD New Member

Lucky you Imran.. I wish I could learn something like that.. I mean I m in Sydney and I have to learn pretty much everything by myself.. My voice isnt that good but I just wanna be singing in the right scale as I love singing..It would be great help if you can detail a few exercises or things you do there everytime in ur lessons.. I'd really appreciate it..

5. Tabish

Tabish New Member

actualy its realy look as nuts but when you are practice it over and over you are gonna enjoy it.....it realy helps ......
    fawad:there is a software of piano i just donwlaod on my pc so that i can practice it on my home with having any keyboard

6. FaWaD

FaWaD New Member

Tabish.. I hav a piano but dont have any music teachings.. I started playing guitar since the beginnin of this year.. I can play it at a moderate speed.. The only concerns are my vocals.. I learnt everything myself.. even the music theory.. Its just that I hardly have any person whom I can share and learn together.. it really makes it easier.. but anyhow.. so what do i have to do? just play the notes Sa-Re-Ga-Ma.. on the keyboard and try to match my voice with the notes, right.. and keep doing it till it sounds nice.. I doubt if I can do that with my guitar or could i??

i'll record and upload a song sung and played by myself.. it isnt as good as a lot of ppl hav done here.. I kinda like singing stuff my way anyways..

7. Tabish

Tabish New Member

fawad: dont get upset ....home recordings are not so good ...listened the attached file....about saregama ...download any keyboard tuner type software that tell the note which is playing on the mic and then match your voice with c# d# f g g#a# c c# see on the tuner that is it matching or not ...at the starting c# wich is sa matchs (after some practice..) then practice practice so that you goes to the next octave .....after a week you will starting to see the result...

Attached Files:

8. Imranyou2k5

Imranyou2k5 New Member

yaar guys its not just abt matching ur voice my teacher uses a sitar and tabla with me and its about making ur voice in tune with the music because when u sing with music ur voice sounds a lot better than without music. but if u can sing good without music that means ur really good. practice ghazals alot listen to the way mehdi hassan or even nusrat even though thats qawali but still listen to music and try to copy that.

9. FaWaD

FaWaD New Member

thanks mate.. well i have a guitar tuner.. will that do the same thing or do i need to download a keyboard tuner software.. cuz my tuner has a mic and it does tell u the note when i speak.. but i wouldnt know the octave obviously..

and Imran, u r right u hafta change ur voice to match the others.. thats what a singer is suppose to do at times.. but anyways.. gud luck and keep us updated what u go thru.. cheers!!

10. Tabish

Tabish New Member

imran:you are right ...but i practice ghulam ali and amanat ali too much then when i sing in my freinds every one said" loo yaar ustad sahab agaye abb jagayeen laga kar pakaye ga" then i starteg practicing like ali azmat ,atif and other singers having fresh voice (not stop classical totaly) ... now no one give the above compliment ....means you must practice classical singing but also the thing which is going onnn...

11. Imranyou2k5

Imranyou2k5 New Member

one thing u can never copy someones voice like they have create ur own voice. thats why maybe people dont compliment u cuz their like he doesnt sound like ali or atif so he sux but its not true. plus u know ali azmat and atif there not true singers the use so many affects on their voices that they cant even sing live. i mean actually ali azmat can cuz his voice is bad either ways. but all these classical singers like mehdi hassan and even nusrat thats the way u should sing. tabish if u can sing like them and not like the others i think its better. thats how i am i can sing ghazals and qawalis really well but then i dont get use to atif and these other guys. But anyways a real singer right now is only shafqat from fuzon otherwise everyone has fake voices thats comin from my classical teacher he said i prob have a better voice than those guys and tabish if u get complimented on use voice singing ghulam ali then u prob have a better voice than atif too.

12. FaWaD

FaWaD New Member

well i would agree what u said regarding ppl start comparing u from the orginal singer's voice.. i kno its so stupid cuz at times u can actually change the song in ur own way, changing here means improving the song.. but some ppl just say yeah u sing gud but not as like the real singer..

bout Atif and Ali Azmat.. bro i havent heard them in real.. i've been hearing stuff bout Atif already.. yeah i did notice a few glitches in one of his songs.. try listening to it, the way the voice pitch changes.. by the way, i reckon Najam Shiraz is a good singer.. i have heard his classical.. thats way better than what and how he uses his voice in Pop singing..

and yes if u can sing classical u can sing pop..

13. Tabish

Tabish New Member

you dont know how much this make me happy ....but yaar ..same prob if your singing in your freinds 90% of them dont knows who is mehdi hassan .....in my university any one knows say" tou ganay gata hai...jaan suna kuch lamhay wamhay ho jaye" what you gonna do in that type of situation....
    iam learning music from a teacher once when ever i just touch the classical thing he says" meray agay apni ustadi mut dekhaya karoo ...sedha sedha gaoo" :nw:

14. Imranyou2k5

Imranyou2k5 New Member

if ur friends dont know mehdi hassan then they dont know music at all think abt that so they cant tell u if ur good or not. tabish and fawad i wanna hear u guys sing and u know what i rather sing like an ustad then an atif or someone dont matter what the times are cuz in 10 years no one will remember atif but ppl still remember mehdi, ghulam, or amanat ali right so think abt that ya these days ppl like the fresh voices but that doesnt define if ur a good singer or not its the song and the music. look at fuzon the guy sings like a ghazal singer and there damn famous right??

15. Imranyou2k5

Imranyou2k5 New Member

this my version of tau phir aao there is gonna be two of them tell me if u like them and tell me which version is better also their both almost similar but i wanna know which one i did better. thank you and this is after a week of classical u can tell the difference. maybe bad quality cuz of the computer recording
    go to https://www.soundclick.com/artist/6/aankhen_music.htm
    please listen to both

16. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

all i gotta say on this topic is that

Practise makes a man perfect.. to try to be a man.. lolz.. kidding..

according to me, for singing you need to practise a lot.. and saying that atif or ali havent got the voice to be remembered.. i completely disagree with u guys.. man atif has got great voice.. listen to the alaaps he uses in between his songs, he is sucky when he sings live, but not all the time, just on some occassion thats also because he pays attention toward entertaining the crowd.. and hes a damn good stage performer..

in case of ali azmat.. he is a master of music now.. i agree that shafkat (of Fuzon) is the true singer, thats because he has studied about music, he has music in his blood. but incase of ali, he has earned his reputation.. do you guys know about his experience.. he has worked hard to get it.. has anyone of you heard him singing classical.. man he has got a damn beautiful voice.. but its nothing wrong if he likes to sing rock and loves to play with his voice

for all the struggling singers out here.. please try to sing using ur throat instead of mere mouth only.. it puts some power into ur voice...

17. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

18. Imranyou2k5

Imranyou2k5 New Member

rivaaj thanks alot and ya if u think abt it ur pretty right yes they are good ali and atif but i didnt mean it that they really suck i just meant they dont use their voice to the max but rivaaj singing from ur throat is also what my teacher said too so ur right rivaaj ur awesome should be pro

19. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

why everyone mistypes my name :( ...

its rizaaj R I Z A A J

20. Imranyou2k5

Imranyou2k5 New Member

sorry so used to rivaaj as a word ok i wont now lol rizaaj got it