Thesis Help

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by paperslut, Jan 30, 2007.

1. paperslut

paperslut New Member

Hey guys.

Here's the deal; I need some help to complete the research required for my thesis (I study at MICA - Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad).

I'd be majorly grateful if you could fill out this survey. It deals with Rock music and Rock literature and won't take more than 5 minutes of your time.

Muchos gracias.

2. vini

vini Repeat Offender

done......

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Done. What sort of age group do you expect to be targetting? And what cities?

4. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Done. And does fusion stuff come in here?

I still dont get why you ask for the name

./though.

5. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Thesis? At what level of education are you doing this for? At any level the data collected is not representative nor is the method scientific, i hope you understand that.

6. paperslut

paperslut New Member

Thanks to all who've filled it in till now.

To all who have questions:

This is a relatively elementary feasibility evaluation. I am required to complete a few stages of primary research in completion of my thesis. This is actually Phase II of my research. I recently completed Phase I which was a segmentation analysis of readers.

The course I'm completing at MICA is a PGPCM (Post Graduate Programme in Communications Management). Basically, it's an MBA in communications management. I'm currently in the final semester of this two year programme.

My thesis is a fairly large feasibility study. The responses to the survey will be used as part of an exercise in demand estimation.

@ disturbed: thanks for your feedback. However, I assure you that this method of data collection is quite standard primary data collection procedure, and for the purpose of my study, will be fairly representative.

7. d_ist_urb_ed

I agree that is a standard data collection procedure, with numerous flaws, but standard, unfortunately. And i'll take your word for it that it is representative. I'm not contesting your method, merely trying to point out potential problems. I hope all goes well for you.

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ LOL
    You know how most Bschool grads complete their surveys?

By making online surveys like this, and then passing the links to all their friends on email/boards/yahoogroups etc. Thats their target audience.

OBVIOUSLY it is a flawed methodolgy.

But then the profs are still living in their textbooks and they dont really care.

9. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Wtf??
    Was tht option even necessary?

10. paperslut

paperslut New Member

@ alpha1 - k

@ the_wizard - a little humor never hurt anyone. :)

11. d_ist_urb_ed

If we did that here, we could easily be kicked out of the program for good. Dear lord, appalling conditions.