The Unofficial Trivia Thread!!

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by dennis, Jan 10, 2005.

1. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

talking about sabbath:i saw the reunion dvd.
    In the DVD BS are asked y they choose such a type of music(hard rock)
    So OZzy says: "We used to practicing in this place which was just across a movie theatre and we saw people payed money to watch scary movies...so we put 2 and 2 together and decided to write scary music!!"

2. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@tejas.....very very very cool avatar.

i dont know if this is really true....

marlyn manson was molestated by his uncle in his childhood.

3. tejas

tejas ..........

^^ Thanks man.
    When tool went on stange to recieve their Grammy for best Hard Rock performance for Aenima, drummer Danny Carrey, caused quite a bit of stir by saying "Satan bless America".

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

maralyn manson was the geek kid(dont remember his name) who was kevins friend in the wonder years!

5. aleric

aleric New Member

Dennis, that was fascinating man........Marylin Manson in WONDER YEARS !!!

And one of your posts says that ANIMALS by Floyd is based on Orwell's novel "Animal Farm", which I think is not true......The main concept in "Animal Farm" is political revolution by animals in a farm.

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

I know man..talk about irony.
    Im damn sure about the animals thing, i got the info from one of their interviews.
    Its pretty obvious if uve heard the Album: the main songs are Pigs,Dogs and Sheep...all of which are characters in Animal Farm(which ive read)

7. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

I believe the "Animals" represent classes of people -
    Dogs represent the military
    Pigs represent the politicians
    Sheep represents the common people

8. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

AB MERI BAARI

1) Kishore Kumar apparently ate a lot of paan and spat all over Mehboob Studio's vocal recording room, while singing Khaike Paan Banaras Wala

2) When RD Burman asked Kishore to sing Mere Naina Sawan Bhado he said he cant do it, and when RD explained that Lata is also singing it and its in a simple raag called Shivaranjani, Kishore said "Raag ki aisi ki taisi, latabai gaane ke baad, humko woh tape dedo, mai woh gaana seekh loonga
    He recorded his owen version in a week!!!!

3) Laxmikant Pyarelal wanted the harmonica for a song which Kishore was singing, they didnt find the right guy, Kishore quietly called RD and said he needs to go on a drive with him. RD agreed, and Kishore dragged him with his harmonica to the studio, LP were surprised!!! and that song DID get recorded with RD Burman playing HARMONICA!!! Gaadi Bula Rahi Hai

4) Back to BASICS
    Tony Iommi is a left handed guitarist - but very few know that in his left hand, he does not have half of his middle and ring finger. He wears caps

5) Led Zeppelin got its name from Kieth Moon, apparently with the Yardbirds disbanding and Jimmy Page tryign to revive the band, Moon said that the band will go down like the GERMAN LEAD BALLOON - ZEPPELIN.
    They called themselves LEAD ZEPPELIN, but Jimmy went for LED since he thought people would think the LEAD is like "LEAD GUITAR" and not the element LEAD

some more later..................

9. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

ok,,
    slash once jumped into a crowd for crowd surfing...and guess what the crowd parted like the red sea....and splat....slash hit the gorund ..guitar and all

10. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

The story behind how the Sabbath Song NIB got its name.
    Excerpts from the reunion DVD:
    Ozzy-One day we were doin particularly strong opium.We were totally fked up.Bills(the bands drummer Bill Ward) got this long fking beard.So I look up at him and say..Bill,U look like a pen nib.
    Bill-Hey Ozzy,what do we call our new song.
    Ozzy-Hmm,howbout Nib.
    ..and then somebody put 3 dots and it became nativity in black.

11. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

Jayswami your full of Sh*T!

this is the 2nd post u said Slash picked up the guitar cuz of Aerosmith. He picked it up because of Steven Adler and because of T-Rex and Jeff Beck. fag.

anyways,

IF you know the Tv channel Nickelodeon, Slash wrote the theme for Oh YeaH Cartoons!

12. guns n roses

Axl kicked Steven Adler in the balls on stage and the audience roared. He did it backstage too. Steven got pissed and even swung at his face but didnt hit it.
    Goddam Axl is Lucky.

13. guns n roses

oh yea @ Sharukh, Axl didnt help the Sweet child riff. Steven did. He told Slash to play it backwards and steven liked it si he had a little pad drumset and he and slash atarted playing and Izzy created the background guitar, duff dint do much and Axl walked in singing randomply with the beat. it was all done ina 1 room apartment.
    that night the best Guitar riff in history was written.

14. guns n roses

one time Jayswami was caught humping Eric Clapton! :p:

Jk.

15. guns n roses

^ Jk. @ Jayswami - is that u in your avatar?

anyways

Slash was very popular in school for skipping class and playing his guitar in the gym bleachers.

16. guns n roses

Lars Ulrich and Slash are VERY good friends. there is a pic with LArs wearing his Signature top hat < you gotta be good friends to do that!

17. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Hey, guns n roses, u need to chill out. Obviously u r a slash fan and thats cool, but calling someone a fag is uncool.People may be wrong about something, that dont make them a fag..so chill out!

18. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

newayz,jimi always kept a stash of LSD under his bandana whilst playing live

19. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

This ones very cool,got it from Guiness
    Longest guitar marathon by an individual: Sanjeev Babu played guitar for 24hrs 30 mins from 14th-15th August,2003 at YMCA Ground,Trivandrum,Kerela,India!!

Indians rock! :rock

20. guns n roses

dude fag aint even a cuss word. so you chill out. I was only joking so dont have a heart attack. :p: @ Jay - i was only joking, im only saying this so Dennis wont go tell the cops on me. jk.