The True Guns N' Roses Story

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by guns n roses, Jun 20, 2004.

1. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

There are many people who ask the real story of one of the greatest rock bands. Guns N' Roses. Well Here You G

GNR formed in 1987 as a small band in Los Angeles. The band was created by two bands. Axl Roses L.A. Guns and Izzy Stradlin's Hollywood Roses. THe agreement lead to the lay off of some members. The out come became Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, Duff "Rose" Mckagan, Steven Adler, and Slash. They came out with Appetite for Destruction in 1987 with 3 singles, Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome to the Jungle, and Paradise City.

Later they released GNR Lies in 1988 with the single Patience.

Sadly Steven Adler was fired for his drug problems and GNR hired Matt Sorumon drums.

Then GNR released the double set Use your Illusion 1 and 2 with the singles
    Dont CRy, Live and Let Die, (CD 1) and Knocking on Heavens door, Civil War, You could me mine, and Yesterdays (CD2).

Now the band was having a little trouble and Izzy Stradlin had dropped out in 1993. The same year GNR released The Spaghetti Incident, featuring the singles Since I Dont Have You and Aint It Fun.

The band went down hill and they recorded their last song together, Sympathy For The Devil which is now featured on the GNR Greatest Hits CD.

In the next 3 years, Slash, Duff, and Matt left the band with behind the only remaining member W. Axl Rose. GNR wasn't finished. Axl hired more members to fill in and they immediately started on their next album, Chinese Democracy. Slash created his own band, Slashs Snakepit, and also Slash's Blues Ballers. Izzy was goin in and out of bands. Duff was also in Slash's music projects. Later on Slash and Izzy met again in a gig. They started messing around and eventually made the new band of 2003 Velvet Revolver. WIth Duff as Bass Guitar (leving his drumming behind on GNR) Slash and Izzy guitar, and MAtt Sorum drums. They now needed a singer. They had their own little American Idol and Ex-Stone temple Pilot Scott Weiland took the job. Now Velvet Revolver have released their new album "Comtraband" with the new single Slither. They're still going places as we speak and GNR is still working on Chinese democracy today. :cool: < Axl Rose

by guns n roses

2. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

Nice... I've read this befoe but in different places..

3. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills &amp; Far Away

yeah i've read of this too...

i read the main issue b/w slash and axl was that slash wanted to lead the band further keeping close to its r n' r roots while axl wanted to transform it into an electronica-based or something band. (and i guess axl must really be stupid to have wanted to do this)

4. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

i havnt read dis b4.. interestin.. :think:

5. guns n roses

parsh ur right actually Axl wanted to take it to electronica but Slash and Izzy wouldnt let him. Then Izzy left. Then GNR just crumbled. Axls still tryin to change it to electronica. the newer 1997-200? band has a new KEYBOARDIST *hint theyre going electronica yep. That why so many GNR fans stopped liking them. Theyre not into guitar much any more either. I saw an ineterview with em. Its pretty sad actually. :(

6. jayanth

Yhea.. But what ever happened. .No one can forget November Rain and Sweet child and the other stuff...

7. guns n roses

yea....................... :)

8. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills &amp; Far Away

absolutely!

these two songs in particular are just majestic, awesome, ridiculously awesome to me.

9. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

GOT 2 agree... can neva eva get bored of dose 2 really.. :rock:

10. jayanth

Never.. They repeat a lot on my MP3 machine. and i dont press the skip. Its highly phsycological.

11. guns n roses

Actually i like Sweet Child O mine and My Michelle, Live and Let Die and then there comes the 2nd rank of the GNR i like , like Welcome to The jungle, Paradise City and Nov. Rain, Yesterdays.

12. jayanth

Welcome to the junge has a good rhythm.. I like the song..

13. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

i like bad obsession a LOT.. gr8 song.. live n let die is also nice...
    heck, i like all of gnr's songs!! :) :)

14. jayanth

Most of us like the songs.. AXl rocks..

15. guns n roses

Thanks to GNR memebrs

vox - W. Axl Rose
    bass - Duff Mackagan
    drums - Steven Adler/Matt Sorum
    lead guitar - Slash
    2nd/rhythm guitar - Izzy Stradlin
    3rd/rhythm guitar - Gilby Clarke
    4th/rhythm guitar / fx and keyboardist - Dizzy Reed

ALL U GUYS ROCK GNR ROCKS! :rock:

16. jayanth

I feel Adler was better.. But Now my fav would be Sorum... Dizzy sucks...

17. guns n roses

Yea totally actually Adler, and Sorum are the same for me. Adler plays GOOD. Sorums great too,. Dizzy isnt that good.

18. jayanth

Dizzy's sound selection is really Limited.. If you listen to Derek Sheranian or Jordan Rudass or children or Bodom or Rush.. You'll get a deep idea how keys can be used..

19. guns n roses

dont listen to them, but i hav a children of Bodom poster. Yep. Dizzy could be better but hey i still respect him.

20. jayanth

I dont.. For what he did to Slash.. You dont listen to any of those?? WOW.. Ok.. Check them out sometime..