The Time has come...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by fictional_real, Mar 30, 2005.

1. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

PRS for 26K....nice try!!
    Their cheapest SE models wud be like 35k(guessing...its around $800)..the proper PRS guitars cost $3000 types :shock: ..heheh..

2. downinahole

downinahole hymenopter

Hi guys, I just joined a few days back.

Have been going thru the forums esp. the gear talk forum n sum of the stuff is pretty interesting.

Just wanted to ask fictional_real, where he's getting his rg from because tht's a gr8 buy at 21-25k.

Also, ninad, the kramer advice is pretty good. I've touched a couple of 'em n loved the feel. Good for rock, heavy metal I dunno.

Did anyone suggest the Ibanez S470? dunno about the price here, but tht looks like a fabulous, versatile guitar from the reviews I've read. I may be wrong. Correct me if I am. Again, you like metal, so I doubt u'd be interested.

death87 is right with his jackson suggestion. A dinky, warrior or an RR should suit your style. Also (if you're importing) check the B.C. Rich platinum series, but I guess there's more show there than go.

I have the furtados price list with me, n guitars which r dirt cheap in the US cost a bomb here! But if you want the prices, I'll post them. (i.e. if it isn't against forum rules.)

Cheers all! :beer:

3. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Well Guys hontestly I dont know what u are talking about because half the guitars u have suggested him to buy are not easily available here in Mumbai . Guys I had mentioned earlier that u only get RG prestige series here they are priced above 30 K well Dude next time u go to Furtados do me favour check if Epiphone Les Pauls are back or not the last time i was there which was more than 3 months back they had the last few epiphobe guitars left they only had one Epiphone Les Paul... Kramers were running out of stock too . Another suggestion would be the Squire Showmaster Prices without flyod rose Rs 13,500 & with Floyd rose for about Rs 21,500 /- Visit Bhargava opp to Furtados they are offical Fender / Squire delaers & also have large stock of Ibanez Guitars ( PS : Most of the Ibanez Guitars avialbale are made in China ... ). Also visit Shalu Music in VT u might get to see a few Harmer Guitars here .. These are not orignal Hamers from US but they are Slammers made in Korea .

Well u can call Ashish on his cell no 9820884523/ His Shop No is ( S B Musical ) 55021256...
    Other prices Boss Distrotion DS -1 Stock model Rs 2500 appx , Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Rs 5500 , Boss Digital delay Rs 4500 /- , Boss Metal Zone Rs 5500 /- .. Incase u want other pedals I can send u the appx costing of each ...
    Its better if u go in processor for now & upgrade to pedals at further stage in case u want to do so ....

Rabi even I suggested the Fender Mexican Strat ... Which is now priced at about 26 K in Mumbai ... but since the guy is into metal its not good guitar for him since u only get the 3 single coil option here ... For him to Upgrade to decent pickups will cost 3 k each per pick up appx so the cost of the guitars will go to Rs 35,000 appx.
    Ninad

4. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@downinahole ...death 87 got Ibanez RG for arund 16k INR which costs arnd $400. Which means we gotta pay more in India to get RG here. Jackson, PRS ...my god, they come at 26k and above. How can i get an Amps wid remaining 4k or less?? forget the effects man.:shock:...i'll give you the phone no: of an RG dealer in mumbai. just hold on.

plz post the furtadoes price list.

@ninad ...Thank you so much, you do understand my condition. i was extremely petrified and was feeling pity on myself when these guys were suggesting me jackson, PRS etc...
    which processor shud i go for? DMF and other wise guy told me to go for effects later on.

noted the ph no: ...thanx.

@rabi...lolz i can't afford so much for a single guitars man. really i can't. i am a poor guy. sob!

@DMF...:shock: you asking me to drive ferrari and maruti and tell the difference. :p:. by the way, he didnt had any RG. just had an GRG , Kramers and GIVSONs. So, cudnt check out RG..

@death87....shud i go for RG. shud i get it from US or something? how do i go abt it?

thanx all.

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

i heard that kramers are good guitars...especiallly strikers...they are supposed to be packed with features..do check them out.

6. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

well my grandmom was in the us - i got my uncle whos in the us to order it to his place and put it in a hardshell case (which he also ordered online) and gave it to my grandma while she was leaving - she threw it in with her baggage and got it back-

15000 inr is the korg ax1000G not 100g - i still ahve my bill for the 100g (bought in jan last year) thats says its <9000 (i think 8750 or 7750 - not sure, ill cehck and tell u) - they may have taken out the 100g and replaced with the 10g - i dont know the price of that... but its got almost identical features to the ax10b (bass procssor) and thats really good - i think thatll also come <10k in furtadoes (if not a 100g)

uve got to ahve some1 coming from the us - else u can buy it in india for 21k-25k without hardshell - i dont know from where - or for eaxxctly how much

dont go for a grg - its crap

dont worry too much abt the rg if u cant get it - its strange no ones ever tried the yam rjx 121sj - its got a better tone than my rg - especially the clean output - also sounds awesome for metal - but the rg is easier to play, has 24 frets and looks much better - either is absolutely fine - im telling u from my eprsonal experience.... plus ull get the yam in furtados for 19k

im sure there are laods of really good choices as well - dont straight follow my advice... - but i can assure that it is one of the right choices to amke

7. fictional_real

@dennis...kramers are good?

@death8...am so sorry, i thought you know some guy who is into trading bussiness, exporting - importing stuffs.. you know. didnt know u got it frm ya uncle. sorry. :eek::

8. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Dude Kramers a pretty good for features they offer may be not best qauilty wood but pick ups are nice check them out there were a few high end Kramers too at Furtados about the 4 months back check since last I heard they were running out of stock.. They were priced at at appx 22,000 to 26,000 INR. Couple of days back I worte on some forum that I was quite blown out with a tone on GRG .. So Buy anything that sings for u ...

9. deathdr_87

@fr: chill.... im sure ull have some1 coming from the us soon...

10. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hey ...what are the problems one may encounter in getting an amp+guitar from abroad with the help of a friend.

11. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Guitar should be fine but bringing back an amp has 2 problems.

1) You need to get a hard case for the amp. Most of them are not very cheap.

2) Weight. That thing will weigh a ton with the case.

Customs/Immigration issues sold seperately :p:

12. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

err..a bit of a deviation..but what is the general opinion about

i)Yamaha Pacifica 112
    ii) Kramer Focus

Both cost around Rs. 11-12k....

13. deathdr_87

ive tried the pacifica - i didnt like it too much esepcially compared to the yam i bought... but then at the price- its quite good....

@dennis: ya dont try to get an amp - they probably wont let you take it in baggage neways... theyll think its a bomb or something

14. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Both are good but I think Kramer Focus is better with Flyod Rose thats around 11.5 K The pick up quailty of Kramers is better too but incase u wnat u can buy the Pacifica upgrade Bridge Humbuker to EMG passive . I have friend who has done the same the pacifica sounds much better now.

15. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

so i guess ill have to buy the amp here in India itself..i was looking at that 69$ marshall combo amp..seems a gr8 practise amp especially for the price.

16. fictional_real

I think i'd invest around 21k - 22k in guitars and 8 k i'll have stranger 80 watts. Ok, Guys, so RG costs around 21k in mumbai. HOw abt other guitars?

17. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

y the fk do u want an 80W amp...u gig??
    i u just want a practise amp, get a 20 W or 10 W and get a Marshall.

18. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

lol you'll die just carrying the amp back home from the guitar store. (read...buy a 10 or 20W amp)

19. fictional_real

Disturbed has around 80 watts. it sounds kewl man! Lets see.

20. deathdr_87

!!!

i use a 40 w on stage - i connect it the speakersystem and its js fine - for practise - i go mad coz its too loud - i have to fine tune the volume...

get a 20w for pratice.. - 10 w will get irritating

u might find marshall a it too expensive - so get a roland its in between the stranger and amrshall price wise - but it sounds as good as the amrshalls ull get in india.

u found some1 selling an rg for 21k?