The string holder of the bridge / Screw have broken off while tuning guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rocking_devil, Sep 9, 2005.

1. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

hey guys,, i need some hel phere wid my electric guitar!
    i dunno what it is as im facing it for da first time!
    THE STRING HOLDER OF THE BRIDGE ALONG WITH THE SCREW AND SPRING HAS COME OUT TODAY WHEN THE STRING BROKE WHILE TUNING! CAN U GUYS JUS T HELP ME OUT HERE?!!! :nw:

2. shak

shak Harrr!

i believe its the saddle you are talking about right? the sqaure metal thing that sits on your tremolo unit ...with a string behind it ?

you should have a screw as well ... just put the screw throught he hole in the bridge .. thread on the spring and then the square metal thing ..then tighten the screw ..it will be back to normal.

3. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

a pic might help to illustrate the prob ...

4. shak

shak Harrr!

i believe he is talking about this...

rocking_devil likes this.
  5. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

do ya hav a tremolo ??

6. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

ok srk thanx for your help......i will try and let you know! reps for ur help!

7. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

hey ...... one more help.....ever since i sold off my ol strat i forgot how to change the strings in an electric...............can anyone help around with this?!

8. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

For a Strat type body - From the back of the body slide the string into the holes found on the tremolo cover (Be careful to see where the strings are going). Push it in and you'll see that it comes out from the tremolo (saddle) at induvidual points. Now pull it up towards the neck and string it as usual ( which would be placement at the nut then looping it at the tuner and slide it in the hole and tightening it)

Hope i helped

rocking_devil likes this.
  9. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@sridhar.............thanx yaar......im grate ful to you.....reps for u!

10. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@alfons - i still owe u one rep......will do it later cozi t says u must spread n stuff!