The Simplest method to tab songs

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons, Tutorials & Tips' started by blueguitarist, Jun 30, 2006.

1. blueguitarist

blueguitarist New Member

Dear All,
    Here are our conventional Tabs

E-----------7------
    B-------------8---
    D---------------9----
    G------------------10
    A--------------------11
    E----------------------12----
    It took five lines to tab just five odd notes....
    And Now try to read the same notes here....

1-5,2-6,3-7,4-8,5-9,6-10

In 1-5, 1 refers to the no. of string and 5 refers to the no. of fret....

This method not only savs time but also the simplest to understand and read.
    The method is developed by a guitarist Mr. Ravi Ponkshe from Dombivali maharashtra....originally it is in base and index form .I have further simplified it to suit IGT requirements.
    So ......................
    Do you like it?????????????
    If yes then credit goes to Mr. Ravi Ponkshe if no then the culprit is me.......
    Your comments please......
    and yes.......the mehod is copy right ptotected........
    keep rocking

2. vini

vini Repeat Offender

good..so Mr. Ravi Ponkshe will convince rest of the world to start using it?
    this 123456 method is surely good for newbies who dont understand, and they would even be able to grasp it readily but tabs r here to stay coz this format is more visual,playable,recognizable,unequivocal for everyone / those who dont understand staff notations!

copyright protected?? my goodness...didnt know people use IPRs for such petty and already known ingenuities..lol

do i sound uptight?

alpha1 likes this.
  3. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

not right now.... no.

4. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

in india nothin is copyrighted :) saab ganda hain per dhanda hain ye

haha go to a adidas showroom outside d showroom a thelay walla has same stuff with adidas batch

any new music launched gets pirated
    so boll ocks to copy rights stuff

5. blueguitarist

blueguitarist New Member

Areyyyyyyyyyyy Cooool Dooooooown

i just posted this method as i thought newbees and may othres will find it easy.............The method has been described in the book "GUITAR" by Ravi Ponkshe.
    I just wanted to share it for a good reason and gave his name as the credit must go to the inventor(Which ******* said that ramar pilley stuff.)
    He is a professional guitarist and teaching music for almost 15 yrs now.The method is an outcome of his teaching experience.

FORGET IT.

whoever want to use, use it and who dont want to, can always use the tabs............

6. lodhra

lodhra New Member

Hi blue

The tab method u posted is good and easy The conventional method can get messy and sometimes intimidating for a new comer. But the conventional method is visual and u can readily grasp with some practise the flow of notes and sequence. However the new method needs a tryout in a major group before comments. Anyways thanks for the knowledge and keep it up and enlighten us .

7. blueguitarist

blueguitarist New Member

thanks buddy

thanks agastya,
    I am playing guitar for almost eleven yrs now and i feel this method is the easiest and least space consuming to convey guitar music. I even used the same in my book " Easy Guitar Notations" and got a very good response from the newbees...
    OKKKKKKKKK if others find it difficult , its their choice.........
    I happy that atleast one guy thinks that this method is worth trying.
    Keep Rocking

8. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

It's more related to ur method of learning....audio, pictorial, textual or physical....u seem to bethe textual kinda guy who gets plain text easily....but I bet most others find the pictorial (well almost) representation easier to follow.

9. iprakash

iprakash Proud IGTian

Oye blueguitarist, kitne forums mein ek hi cheez chipkaoge? :aggre: I agree with the method being simplest to write but not to understand.

BTW I am that **** who said that Ramar Pillai stuff (I said that in your duplo thread which you posted in the Hindi Guitar tabs forum) and I don't think I said anything wrong. Both his petrol and this new style of writing tabs can be classified in the same group of things - Inventions which shook the world :p:

Chalo lets for a moment leave all the argument of which method is better. Its ultimately a personal preference. :beer:

If you were so influenced by Mr Ponkshe and wanted to share the good word, you could have chosen the proper forum for this. Take some time out of your life and see how IGT is organized and respect it. The same respect you give to Mr Ponkshe. Good Luck.

alpha1 likes this.
  10. zing

zing Machine Head

protected against what exactly? ridiculous & newayz its not even worth 'stealing' - how petty is that?

alpha1 likes this.
  11. Trixon

Trixon New Member

sorry to break ur day dream but that method is pre-historic.

The version i know uses '/' 'slash' instead of a '-' 'hypen'....

eg. 1-0, 1-2, can be written as 1/0,1/2.

Simple and easy. The method is good and space saving but hard to read for beginners. because they are the only one who want tabs to play a song.

But still thanks for yapping about ur notation technique

12. anid

anid New Member

i think its crap.... the existing method is way simpler

13. vinodronold

vinodronold New Member

Hi all... plz anyone could tell me how to play the below tab....
    e 0-3-3---3-3--3p5-5s7s5---3s2s0-------5p7--7p5--
    b -------------------------------3-3-5------------

I ve doubt in how to play 3s2s0 and 5p7........

14. SUPER MAN

SUPER MAN New Member

s refers to slide buddy . Play slide from 3 to 2 and again 2 to 0 .
    And p refers to pause ( Hammer up , down according to some guys ) or
    touching .

15. SUPER MAN

SUPER MAN New Member

Every new method is difficult to understand Blueguitarist until you learn them.
    So may be it is difficult to understand by few people but how nows in near
    future all of us use the same method .