The relevance of "reps"

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by alpha1, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

The green dots,
    the red dots.

What do they signify?

If they signify the reputation of the person, then what kind of reputation?

If it refers to reputaion realted to guitar/playing/poetry/music knowledge etc, then why is there a "rep" thing on CC Lounge.

If there is something really worth a reputation wont it be posted on some useful forum?

If so, then what is the relevance of reps earned in CCL?
    Why teh discrimination between reps and post count?

2. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

reps r simply based on the quality of the post other members think a particular member made
    good reps may b attributed to a member if that members helps or posts uselful things in any forum

there is no criteria abt whether reps in cchat should not be given... as some posts in the cc r really worth to b given reps

hmmmmm what more

reps r just a virtual thing ....

coz even some members with bad reps have done loads of good posts in cchat n tutorials/tabs forum
    n some members with loads of green dots being idle
    lol

3. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

hmmm if u like a post rep them; if u dont like dont rep them; if u find it shitty bad rep them

simple..

areu asking this coz u posted a lot of informative stuff and didnt get enuf reps??

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Personally speaking, all this hankering for reps is a load of bull. They dont do anything to increase or decrease your credibility, the biggest example being a dimebag_dimebag

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

reps are the epitome of vanity.

reps are like a hooker in a gay bar.

Being a reputation whore and having lots of green dots is like winning the special olympics...you may win but you'll still be a retard.

6. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

isnt that a bit derogatory ...not to mention disrespectful :eek:: :annoyed:

@dist...exactly why the CCL should be made "reputation" free, so that the "reputation" CAN actually add to a person's credibility (Notice all the correct spellings in the message directed at you :p: )

7. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

hmmm and one more thing id like to ask... i know that u get the same number of reputation points as the number of green dots of the person reputing u...but in some cases...i got reps from a one green dot guy....and from a 2 green dot guy... which adds up to 3 rep points... but in all it added to 4 or 5 reputation points... whats up with this... ?

8. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----&gt; Zhol-Man&lt;----

aaaahhhhhh....never look at the reps.........donno y people always r behind them all the time........

9. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Reps must be the nerd equivalent of penis size.

sixstringsin likes this.
  10. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Lol dmf .. wat bout gals then ? :p: .. anyway .. reps are a fun thing.. jz adds spice nothin else .. if people find ur post good enuff they could rep u .. which will inturn increase ur dots acc to da points so it inspires members to come up wid good posts so dat they could get more "reputed" .. juz a complacency thing which might bring out good from u.. though da talent could never be really judged from da bar ..

Yeah its virtual .. but so is da internet ;)

11. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Bra size perhaps (do I sense a red one coming??)

12. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Dennis .. even if u consider one dot as 3 inches .. then acc to dmf pe*is size is understandable .. but bra size is not justifiable on da same scale (do they come in so small sizes!?) :p: (now i need to worry bout da red one too dennis .. see where u got me .. IN TROUBLE)

13. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

actually, yes it is if viewed in a certain context. The way I look at it, the fact that there is a special olympic for them is more derogatory than that line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.