the pakistani channel- THE MUSIK

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by basit_jaaaani, Oct 25, 2006.

1. basit_jaaaani

basit_jaaaani I'm gUnnin' fer uuu

i juss watched a commercial of some talk show named "ROCK ON" or w/e. at the title screen they were playin:
    Tupac feat Bone thugs n' harmoney- THUG LOVE
    now that is one hardcore gangster rap track one of my all time favs, can't understand y it's on some rock show or channel, kinda confused.
    and also during some show they were playin eminem's- the real slim shady the BROWN gora. not like i got much respect for eminem but still how dumb n' ignorant do they get

2. shak

shak Harrr!

[start of endless chatter]
    thats pakistan . .anything thats 'hip' no matter how silly they'll copy ..
    i've got a couple friends down their .. and i usually get news of whats 'hot' in pak ..
    e.g its a fashion to wear those charity nylon wristbands ... i mean wtf! if they wear those bands here in uk atleast its for a reason .. the money goes to chairty ,.. like make poverty history or feed the poor etc. but i am sure the money in pak goes to the shopkeeper only ..

so this gangsta' rap .. this eminem bullshyte and other such 'rock on' 'yo' 'wassup' .. stuff is 'cool' for them ..thats why they air anything and everything that they think is 'cool' to make their programmes appeal to the disillusione audience ..

i am not a staunch non-conformist (certainly not goth) but i hate this follow the band wagon and forget yourself attitude ..

especialy anythign that's dictated by those no good bloody rappers!!! one less 50-cent less than a dollar's worth/snoop doggy diggy dugie dog/tupac shakur da puttar/ dmx and the world would be a better place ..

[/end of pointless chatter]

3. basit_jaaaani

i agree on most of the post
    BUT
    Tupac, surpasses em ALL rappers, take all the rappers from the planet on one side, and put Tupac on the other side, Pac will still OWN there behinds in rapping

4. shak

shak Harrr!

rap is good till its music .. once it starts giving birth to cults and breeding obnoxious atitude ... thats where i stick my middle finger out ..
    the rap music itself is art .. true .. rhyming and keeping the beat aint no easy thing to do .. but the message they send out .. the bling culture they have started .. the teenagers on ASBO's they have put .. the un-tamed ghettos and murderous alleys they have so graciously provided us with .. is totally another thing ..
    i dont blame the fresh youngminds .. i dont blame the society i blame them rappers .. and i disagree with their flammable qoutes of 'get rich or dy tryin' ..

5. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Hehe, that reminds me of an "experiment" that me and some of my friends did a while ago. It was essentially convincing one of my friends that being nazi was cool.

It worked, and a few weeks later he came up to me and said "hey, look at the swastika on my shirt" :O

6. shak

shak Harrr!

^ hahahaha .. you should've taught him goose stepping as well

7. basit_jaaaani

@shak

hah i hear wut ya mean m8......... i personally don't like any other rap either, it's just that there is something about Tupac the way he lived life and where he came from and became what in the end, the thing with his music is when you're listening to him rap, it feels like as if he's literally talking to you.

You talk about rap is promoting social violence, drugs and stuff i kinda agree with you BUT if u ever have time to download and listen to these tracks, you'll know.
    kind of a hint to get thru the pain of listenin to rap, don't pay attention to the course language, try n' see if u understand wut he means.

Baby don't cry- Tupac
    Starin at the world- Tupac featuring Phil Collins
    Life goes on- Tupac
    Better Dayz- Tupac (from the album Better Dayz)
    Ghetto Gosel- Tupac
    Soon as i come home- (apparently this is the most rare tupac song to find)
    Changes- Tupac

8. SG1

SG1 "Brown Jesus"

Am the biggest fan of PAC .. and i know each of his songs by heart .. but still he ain't the best of all so u can't put tupac on one side and slap around others.. you gotta listen to some other stuff dude .. they are killers.

Besides PAC should have been an amazing Politician. Rappin is not only about Politics and crying for MAMA MAMA .. its about what happened to you and whats goin on and what ever u can imagn if u know what am saying when am saying it.

9. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

most of the points you made are true to India as well..

10. basit_jaaaani

Nice to see some pac fans on here @SG1
    but yea i do listen to other rap too, but these days faggs like 50 cent have raped the rap music.