the official world cup prognostigation thread

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jamhead, Jun 8, 2006.

1. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

yep still 2-0 54 mins played hmmmm germany looks stongs welll waiting for tomorrows match argentina vs netherlands

2. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

s/m were amongst the best defensive teams comming to the world cup (in the qualifiers).

also argentina didnt field messi and tevez against ivory coast. aimar against no one.

i want to see argentina play with aimar, riquelme, and messi in midfield AND tevez, crespo and saviola up front.

3. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

I guess rooney and crouch woud be better (owen seems to be so out of touch).... But it was good to see England play better football than the last two macthes... though its not up to the mark yet and the defense seems to be missing Neville..overall it ws a nice show today ..

+1

4. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

I suspect netherland is gonna kick them in the nether region!!:)...

sorry Subhro...but I just don't like them....thanks for the points tho..:)

I win both ways hehe...

5. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

argentina 2 holland 1 for sure

6. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

5-4 to argentina

7. shak

shak Harrr!

@jamhead: . best defensive team? err ... i dont know cuz i didnt follow them during the qualifying times ... but the table says .. goal difference=-7 (lowest of all 32 team in the worldcup) .. goals(for)=0 .. goals(against)=7 (only costa rica have more against goals 9) .. and not to forget s&m have only played 2 games ... i dont see how they can be the best defensive in the tournament..

@apurbajd: .. we played crouch and rooney against the swedes. .. crouch took the holding role and rooney was given all the space he wants .. the combination just didnt work ... rooney was taken off and coruch had no noticable shots on goal .. i would like to see england play .. 4-5-1 ..
    -----------------------robinson------------------------
    carragher -------- terry ----- ferdinand --------ashley cole
    -----------------------hargreaves------------------------
    ----beckham---- gerrard--------lampard ------joe cole----
    --------------------------rooney-------------------------

hargreaves will hold the mid .. and let lampard and gerrard take the attackin midfield role .. joe cole and beckham will provide excellent balls to rooney who would have a free role upfront .. and at the back trusty ol' english defence!!!!!
    .. in an ideal world i would like to have neville at the back ...for subs .. i would give lennon a chance and would have love to have bent on my bench as well ..

... the games against swedes was good .. the goal from joe cole ... was just .... absolutely brilliant .. the goal of the tournament yet ..

8. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Hmm.. it would be interesting to see what formation england adopts nw.... Now that Owen is ruled out for the rest of the matches , and a Neville less defence seems little messy ..... My guess is they will continue the current one , neway CHEERS FOR ENGLAND ....

nd wat happened to the big scoring Argentina today? goalless against Holland..... mabbe overconfidence ...

9. shak

shak Harrr!

^ haha yeah .. aregntina holland draw .. just proves my point doesnt it? argentina has quality no question .. they are one of the best teams coming into the tournament .. but to say that they are unbeatable and are the worldchamps. . naa .. come on! this is a complete injustice to other teams .. and netherlands just proved that. .
    argentina is breakable ..very breakable .. frsutrate their mid and keep an eye on requilme .. messi my ass cant do anything if he dont get good balls from the mid .. aregentina loves team play .. so frustrate the mids and keep breaking their lines .. you can beat em anytime ..
    its just media that has made them God .. and that ex-cocaine addict dude up in the galleries with his pretty girls ..

as for england ... i dont know if you remember but i strongly pposed sven taking theo in his squad ... THEO!! THEO???!!! sven has never seen him play .. i haev never sen him play .. 99.99% of enlgand hasnt seen him play ... only 17 no caps .. no goals .. no credentials only a big fuss that he is 'good' how good? no ones knows cuz he dont lpay!!! just a waste of space .. i would have rather taken bent or defoe instead of a little bench warmer ..
    its all arsenal man's fault .that david deine .. close to sven .. i bet he would have slipped to sven that theo is awesome .. sven took his words .. david got arsenal a bit of publicity (dirty ... they play very dirty!) .. and england was shot to hell ..
    .. now we are stuck with one striker who has just got up from injury, one lampost .. one kid from school and one guy on crutches ... and that the english strike! ...

10. .:SpY_GaMe:.

lmao @ shak description of the england strikers

well i think u better start with the overweight kid n the lampost in a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 sth that ericsson may not agree to surely....

11. light_of_erindi

like i said...Argentina r full of hot air....trust me...the teams going for pace r gonna go down this world cup....the ones who will focus on control will win....today's Italy's win was another example....the czechs kept coming violently on the goal...in vain...while it was Italy who got the goals....this is exactly why I don't like England...They put more stress on pace rather than control.

12. Boy am I happy Ghana beat the US.

Yanks go home - Ha ha

13. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

I feel like Arginatina is peaking too early and some big teams like Holland,England and Italy are on prowl.Nevertheless its gonna be exciting to see the clash of titans.

14. I am really tired of hearing the 'Peaking too soon' myth brought about lazy Journalist who are just appologists and excuse makers.

I saw the Brazillians in 1970 and they trashed everyone from start to finnish
    That is the true sign of greatness and eventaul winners.
    As long as they don't pick up injuries or sending offs the should not be afraid of any one.

Man I would love to see a repeat of 1986 final (West Germany V Argentina)
    But with the Germans winning this time.

15. .:SpY_GaMe:.

i dont care whether they r peaking to early as long as they keep this form they look unstoppable

brazil produced some better football yesterday n i guess they remain favorites

england still suck

japan r out damn it n so r czech

so its either brazil or argentina....

16. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Why aren't you ppl considering Germany??? They are also playing quite well (although, their defence is quite weak one feels)..

17. .:SpY_GaMe:.

i dont really like germany dont know y but yes i have to admin\t they do look strong

n i guess usa will send better players next time their football was poorrrr

n what abt ghana??

that wasnt expected a surprise for many

18. light_of_erindi

finally...someone agrees with me...:):rock: ...

And their defence is not weak...it was just nerves in front of home crowd in the first match...also they were trying to catch attackers off-side in case they try to burst forward...which they left behind in the later games.

I am so sick of the EPL fan-turned-England-Supporter types....Every next guy I meet seems to belong to this category.

England needs to lose miserably aginst Ecuador to get them out of their dream world.

If Germany lose...They'll lose to a Sweden...a worthy opponent...(I was laughing ...when they literally bullied the draw out of England!!:):rock: )

19. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

ex cocaine addict is the greatest midfielder ever. scored the best goal ever. dominated and won an entire world cup like no one ever or since. if his cocaine addiction is all you find interesting in him, then you are a spoilt sport.

as for argentina - they didnt play their full team dear. crespo, saviola, messi and tevez with riquelme AND aimar both feeding passes is going to be a lot more difficult. also they didnt play sorin and heinze in defence. holland had it easy.

not saying they are unbeatable or they will win the cup. just that they played a 2nd string team against holland.

they have mexico in the pre quarters. there's just no telling what happens between 2 south american teams. brazil regularly loses to peru, paraguay, uruguay etc. for all we know mexico may beat argentina. meanwhile judging by how robinho played yesterday, brazil may yet again go the distance.

20. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

yes and that goal difference 7 came thanks to argentina who alone slotted 6.

they had the best defence comming into the world cup. check your facts.