The Official Short Story Writing Contest.

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by d_ist_urb_ed, Nov 25, 2004.

1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

With the permission of lord_neo, i present to you the official Short story writing contest.

Recently, i spent a lot of time looking at all the posts in the "5 words story" and "5 words story II", and realized that a lot of our members have a good sense of humour, command over the language, and a vivid imagination. So, i wanted to initiate this contest.

This will primarily be a SHORT story writing contest, make special note of the word short. The rules and incentives are given as follows:-

RULES
    1)Tejas and me discussed about the word limit for a lot of time and couldnt decide upon a particular limit, so there's no word limit as such. But please, just make it a reasonably short story, dont sit and write huge stories.

2)You can select any theme for the story. Humour, horror, fiction, non-fiction, anything. However some simple guidelines have to be followed while writing. They are:-
    a)The theme shouldnt be anything controversial in anyway, and should not directly/indirectly hurt another person's sentiments and beliefs.(kinda official sounding, aint it:p:)
    b)We're looking for a story that revolves around a particular theme, not a bunch of unconnected paragraphs that convey no meaning to the reader. Let your imagination soar, but all the while make sure that the story retains it's theme.
    c)Originality. One of the most important aspects of your story. No plagiarism please. Even though we have no possible way of verifying whether you copied it off a site, dont try to use that to your advantage. If found, bad rep will follow you for a long time.

That's all the rules covered. Now for the incentives, over a period of one month, all the stories recieved by us will be read and rated by tejas, me and some unnamed persons. At the end of the month, the best story will be named and the author will recieve 10,000 points from us. All of you, please give it a shot and participate. Winning isnt as important as participating is. That's all i have to say. All interested persons may contact me on P.M regarding the address to which they have to send their stories to. Today is the 25th of November, 2004, the contest will end on Christmas, 25th of December 2004.
    Thank you.
    d_ist_urb_ed.

Updates

1. Deadline extended to 5th January 2005

2. List of Participants :

Reem
    Bobby
    Dead_bread
    Desipride
    Mani
    Madhura
    Zoomingrocket
    Esgallindeion (guest entry)

2. Reem

Reem Banned

I intend to participate in this contest... guys & girls who will join please post ur registration here.

3. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

me too , i m in , whats the last day to post in ...

4. Reem

Reem Banned

the last day is 25th of December 2004.. but do we have to post it here or send it to d_ist_urb_ed ?

5. d_ist_urb_ed

Yes, reem and bobby, please send me a pm and i'll give you the mail address to which you have to send your entries to. Thank you for you participation, we really appreciate it.

6. d_ist_urb_ed

Three people already in, i'm very happy to say. I hope that more will join soon. And if you join late and want an extension of the date, we'll gladly do so(upto a certain extent of course), but please do participate.

7. Menon

Menon New Member

Arrey All good ya dude..but how can we read other entries also??
    Cheerio
    Menon

8. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

hey disturbed ( with some underscores between ) , why dont we post it in some thread for public viewing also ...

9. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

I'll post as a guest entry...

10. d_ist_urb_ed

Every story will be posted in this very thread after the competition is closed and the winner is decided. Cheers:)

11. Reem

Reem Banned

guys come on.. write good things.. lets compete.. ;)

12. d_ist_urb_ed

That's the spirit reem:) Thanks:)

13. d_ist_urb_ed

Just a reminder to all those who've entered their names to participate. I hope you've started writing those stories:)

14. Reem

Reem Banned

I have some topics in mind but still trying to choose the best but i will finish it in time..

@ Bobby: did you start writing..?? you really scare me by ur silence.. but see if you win I will force you to donate the points to me.. hahahha

@ d_ist_urb_ed: u didn’t list all the competitors.. even if they are few.. just tell us..

15. d_ist_urb_ed

Yeah, sure Reem, here they are
    Reem
    Bob-bobby
    Essi(Guest entry only, no actual participation)
    Dead_bread
    Only 4, not much of a response, but still......

16. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

hmm...hey i m in...officially...hahaha

17. d_ist_urb_ed

Seriously? Hey wow, that's brilliant bro:) Thanks:beer:

18. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

yea bro i m in

19. d_ist_urb_ed

Zat's the spirit:) C'mon people, join in:beer:

20. d_ist_urb_ed

As per the request of zoomingrocket(who is participating in the contest, i must add), i have extended the deadline till the 5th of January. I also feel that this extension might encourage several others to participate, please do:):p: