The new Metallica single.

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by ambush, Aug 25, 2008.

1. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

What do you guys think of it..

Personally i thought it was boring..Just cant stand the repetitive drumming. You can only take so much of duk ta duk ta duk ta.

The songs like a mash up of old songs.
    It starts out like fade to black with the clean arpeggio with distorted solo over it. Then it goes into a faster clean arpeggio (again like FtB). The similarity to FtB in the transition to the chorus especially in the drumming is almost annoying. The chorus has an unforgiven feel to it.
    Then moves back to verse arpeggio with distorted solo(again like FtB). Verse>chorus>bridge and the song progesses to the break down a la One. This is where the duk ta and the snare blasting starts. The riff is extermly similar to one(in tone as well). The only saving grace in this part is the tremolo picked lead guitar. The solo is kind of good but again the repetitive drumming is a bit distractive..

Overall the verse and chorus are decent...but it drags painfull to the end..

2. augur

augur I love bjr

I rather listen to Justin Timberwho than Metallica.

3. Skylord

Skylord New Member

which one are talking about?
    i take it as 'the day that never comes'

well i feel that both this one and 'my apocalypse' the two new death magnetic songs released
    are ...well...much below their standards

(stinking crap in direct words)

i am really disappointed
    but lets see....maybe like they will grow onto you if you listen to them
    like it happened to me with master of puppets

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Eh, sonny boi, you are speaking as if the metallica in 'yesteryears' (or any other metal band) used to play really diverse stuff like jazz.

Metal music is like that only.

5. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

well, i thought it was ok....not an outstanding song but at least better than st anger shit........

but i have to admit the tune of the song (the day that never comes) especially the chorus never goes out of your head (probably cuz i heard at least 5 times per day! im a metallica fan)

but not the same magic as the black album or mop......

i've noticed one thing throughout all these 3 tracks........they seem to be garage mixes or something.........i dont why they're doing it especially after st anger......

but hopefully the other songs will live up! (as is always the case with new metallica albums!)

surely gonna buy it as a tribute more than for the songs!

cheers!
    :beer:

long live metallica! :nw: :rockon:

6. Skylord

Skylord New Member

do you mean to say that master of puppets is JAZZ????

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

See that?

"as if" ...

8. augur

augur I love bjr

9. MeghnaSingh

MeghnaSingh New Member

Mettallica<3!

Hey!

You guys talkin About Cyannide..the new single?

Well,id say i think it was pretty good. =)

I've got a live recording of that song..so it aint that clear but i still think it was good...

Meg.
    xx

10. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

i've heard the full album.......a decent album........unforgiven 3 showcases kirk at his best!

rest of the tracks are not so good...

11. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

i take it back.........this album grows on you.........seriously! awesome tracks....but you realise this only after giving it a few listens......

definitely buying this album.......

12. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Yesh the songs grow on u .. its a mix o all oldies .. but its still good .,.

i thought The Day That Never Comes was good ....

but unforgiven 3 was CRAP !!!! insult to 1 n 2 .......

13. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

the new album is quite good.. it definatly grows on you.. unforgiven 3 is awsome.. Metallica rules.. \m/.

14. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

The songs are a mixed bag.. a few of them are really going nowehere...
    Personally, 'The day that never comes' is good except the first 2 mins or so..
    "All Nightmare Long" is my fav track there... just kicks a**... it's fast, heavy and bitchin metal.