The Music Recommendation Thread

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Morbid_Angel, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

now that we have a decently active forum (i think?) we can start making some of these threads. lets use this thread to recommend our favorite music to others on this website. however try not to recommend very famous songs that all of us would probably have heard! try to recommend some of the 'wicked' (for lack of a better word) songs that you listen to :)

i'll go first..this song is by The Magnetic Fields..its a combination of folk and pop music which blends very well in my opinion. just 3 minutes long so dont hesitate to listen!

The Magnetic Fields - You must be out of your mind - YouTube

let me know how you liked it, and post a new recommendation yourself :]

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

It's not new for me but I really like the little that I've heard of Magnetic Fields. All of their lyrics seem to be written in a very humourous vein and the contrasting music makes it nicer, I think.

ALVIN LEE - BLUEST BLUES - YouTube

I present to you Mr. Alvin Lee playing with a band called Ten Years After. He can swing my mood in a heartbeat. I believe Alvin Lee isn't rated highly enough as a guitarist.

3. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

4. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

sorry i want be able to provide you with the link...but anyways the song would be my sweet lord by george harrison....in this song i love the part when he sings the guru mantra i.e gurur brahma...gurur vishnu gurur devo,maheshwarah,gurur shakshat,param brahma,tasmaeshri gurave,namaha...

the other song would be...fly me to the moon by nate king cole...

5. Morbid_Angel

great inputs guys, props to bjr for alvin lee and rikkyrich for jethro tull (gotta love them). il check out the nate king cole song as razor's rec

for now i'll recommend something vicious (666)

i challenge someone to sit through this and appreciate it

Drudkh - Sunwheel - YouTube ..it's atmospheric black metal but don't be put off by the dissonance and the harshness. but instead look through it to find the simpler beautiful melodies textured underneath. (listen on headphones or stereo speakers for best results)

hope i don't get killed for this ! :p:

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I have started listening to electronic music.

7. Morbid_Angel

8. Vader

Vader New Member

9. Vader

Vader New Member

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I'd never include anything of Jethro Tull because it's probably already famous. I love the song though.

I love the song but I really prefer the cover done by Astrud Gilberto. Not only does her voice give me funnies in the tummy, she also shares my birthday!

Astrud Gilberto - Fly Me To The Moon.wmv - YouTube

The only thing I don't like about the song is the tone of the guitar...I suppose it is rather delibrately chosen though.

Do you listen to Skrillex? I started sometime ago and I have to say I find it brilliant.

SKRILLEX - Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites - YouTube

11. Morbid_Angel

@bjr
    i really like the way you look at music even though your generation sucks with this kinda stuff :p: surprised you liked drudkh :grin: ! yeah i guess the guitar tone was chosen deliberatly, but i thought the vocals would xxxx you off more

and i really liked Gilberto's version of fly to the moon. il buy you a beer for that one

this is my next rec, a song that's very close to my heart: Neurosis - Burn - YouTube

the lyrics, the atmosphere, and the overall emotion appeal very much to me. not many people i know appreciate such stuff so i'd like to hear what the general consensus here is :grin:

and alpha thinks he's way too cool for us so he won't share any of his secret music. (666)

12. Morbid_Angel

also, skrillex kicks ass. his latest release was a huge letdown though

13. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

I dont know, but i think this band is fairly famous and many might have heard but still Sirenia - Sister Nightfall - YouTube
    Great song, came across it while listening to last.fm's radio.

14. wylder

wylder Member

15. fena

fena New Member

16. wylder

wylder Member

Talk about Soul... Here's the Genius...
    Ray Charles & Diana Krall - You don't know me. - YouTube

Infact, I love most of the stuff off the "Genius Loves Company" collection...

17. fena

fena New Member

18. fena

fena New Member

19. Vader

Vader New Member

20. Vader

Vader New Member