the most repetitive and overrated pro guitarist

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by satch_attack, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

^^^^^but That Doesn"y Mean I Hate Him^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I Love His Guitar Playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i loved vais set the most in g3 live in denver..the jam was passe though.

btw yngwie has lost a lot of weight now,has quit smokin and lookin much much healthier now.

3. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I think Vai actually played well in G3 , you know that part when there's a guitar battle betwen Tony MacAlpine (the black guy) and Vai...that was totally unscripted. Tony just totally surprised the band by just soloing and engaging Vai in battle. But i dont know what Tony MacAlpine's doing as second guitarist to Vai in Breed. He's good enough to have vai as his second guitarist.

4. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^ the guitar duel was cool..tho tony mcalpines tone was a little too thin for my taste.
    he is a monster guitar player..didnt know the duel was unscripted..
    he is also a killer keyboard player..hence maybe toured with vai..and well must be good money too..hehe

5. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

6. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

riite.G3 shows it all.:RollLol:

7. vini

vini Repeat Offender

satch, slash, vai

do deserve to be overrated but ..nah! :think:

8. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

:mad: :mad: :mad: wat the hell ?

9. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

aaaaahhhhhhhhhh.........slash_i_m ..hmmm reminds me of aahh...slash ..

well all i can say aahh
    "
    come on man ....we are talkin abt slash here !!!!!!!!!! "

also ...i can see a st.anger dere in you tag ...well reminds me of kirk.

two guitarists whom i like a lot but ...as i said kirk plays similiar stuff and slash plays well...slash doesnt play ...he runs around wit his hat !!

10. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

there u go.pEaCe.:)

11. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

That's Arabic Style. Read it ulta. Thanks Alpha1 for your rating.

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Nope.
    No arabic thingie.

It was written in English using Roman script.

:phbbt:

13. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

hey ron.. tht wz a joke rite ...

and i aint talkin about richie blackmore and eric ..cuz they are awesome ...

but you tellin me that slash is better guitarist than satch and vai .HAHAHAH...not to leave out john petrucci too..

even if satch , vai and john broke there left hands ...they would be able to play better than SLASH !!..

tell me one solo that slash played which is better than the ones played by satch or steve vai or john ????

14. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^No answer :grin:

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

oh dear God....must we impose our choice on our fellow beings of flesh? Must man always peer over the divider in a public toilet to compare penis size?

On topic, It is obvious that Ritchie Sambora is....

16. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Vai and Petrucci, they both have such amazing knowledge of music but write such boring songs.

John and the rest of those monkeys at Dream Theatre too. A bunch of Berklee graduates with knowldge of music that would take me 2 lifetimes to cover, yet the music they write is horribly horribly boring.

But, the most boring player is Rusty Cooley.

bjr likes this.
  17. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

^ Cookie for you.

18. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

sorry..double posted ..

19. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

ahhh..thanks Bjr ..you finnally gave me the reason for so many public toilets to comeup in India..

20. watchtheclock

watchtheclock New Member

Omg

Goodness.. That was one hell of a discussion ( Being Sarcastic than ever )
    After Reading 3 pages of Confusion filled REPLIES ! I have drawn my own conclusions (which are quite logical )..

1. Malmsteen Is the Clumsiest of all guitarists !
    2. Steve Vai undergoes an Or***M everytime he soloes !
    3. Somebody (blah blah blah) owns someone (blah blah blah) !
    4. I found out the reason for INcreasing no. Of INdian public Toilets ( How exciting) !!

OK.. Now .. Testament =

1. This thread started off well, but at the end of the day, nobody was able to stick to a single point. This thread has served it's purpose !

2. If we start judging a guitarist by his facial expressions and looks, then Hendrix will be at the bottom (on the contrary, arguably he is the finest guitarist world has ever seen)

3.Firstly, it seems like we have got many people here who are overdriven by confusion and are well-versing wrong facts. Someone said Kirk Hamlett's solos sound same and he only uses whammy bar..Then i think this has never heard metallica properly, For your kind information sir, metallica has one of the finest, most melodic solos ever !

Secondly, MR. Scary wrote, that Vai and Petrucci write boring songs. Oh my god, how can he !?!? Dream Theater - And Boring, these 2 words just don't go together. Sire, It mite be possible that you haven't heard Images and Words or AWAKE, or else your talk is absurd ! And Vai, I think he has one of the most interesting songs ever , i mean, Tender Surrender, is full of melody and is one of the most catchiest piece of guitar melody ever written !

Then the greatest of all , Alpha 1, said Ritchie blackmore/Clapton is owned by slash, petrucci,vai etc. ! Well, grow up dude, If you are only keeping pace in mind , then you mite be rite ! But there's something called Technique !

Many more things, will continue it later. Rite now, have to go and take a cold shower.Am fuming !!

P.S - Just cos it's my first post doesn't mean that you have a good enough reason to demote my talk !

Later !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.