the most repetitive and overrated pro guitarist

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by satch_attack, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

heys guys,

who do you think is the most repetitive pro guitarist out dere ...meanin who do you think is a guitarist who repeats the same riffs and plays similiar solos in all the songs..

I say kirk hammett simply because of his stupid wah pedal and his repetitive runs in his solos

also who do you think is the most overrated guitarist

I have to say SLASH by a long way ..this guy is the most overrated guitarist eva..i really dont know wat people see in him ..he looks wierd and compared to the other great players out dere ..his guitariin is average ..moreover his technique is close to zero except for some slides and bends !!

well wat do you guys think ?

2. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

yaar for God's sake!! please dont open threads with this question 'What do you think?' ............ n especially not about the guitarists, bands, music genre, actors/actresses etc......... its all waste of time!! i hope u understand...............no offense!!

3. Evo Guy 911

Evo Guy 911 Banned

Well I think the most over-rated guitarist I know of, is Aamir Zaki. Not that he keeps playing that same thing over n over again or likes, but he has not played anything at all. I remember I ws a kid, n his video of Mera Pyar came on TV. Now im 18, n hez still ranting that same song. I've heard his songs, and they were good, but 10 songs in 10 yrs? So NOT impressive. Hez more like a seasonal player. Work with Junoon, kicked out. Work solo, didnt quite sell. Now what I think hez best at is teaching guitar. Hez got a lot of experience, and I heard hez got students lined up at his door. Correct me if Im wrong, but i think hez quite over-rated. He started good, but then didnt keep up the pace.

4. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

i guess i was wrong......... there is a lot of time worth wasting!!

5. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

There is nothing wrong with sharing opnions.

6. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Sadly, i should say, Yngwie Malmsteen (he's my idol, but yet truth needs to be spoken). Mundane as hell without fire. Rising force was good stuff, but it all seems to repeat itself so much. And more than that, his live shows PISS ME OFF, he's always kicking at the audience, whirling his guitar around his back, dropping his picks, forgetting his songs and looking like a 300 pound whore. I just hate it!

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:RollLol:
    Last night I was watching G3 live: exactly the thoughts that crossed my mind while watching it.

8. d_ist_urb_ed

^That show totally put me off Yngwie for a good amount of time. It was so frustrating, and he actually looked gay in that video. Like he wanted to hump satriani or something, scary shit. (P.S Satriani OWNED vai that day)

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    I have noticed taht Vai makes the most orgasmic expression whwnever he plays the guitar.

+ he seems to use whammy more than picking strings.

but honestly Satch was looking like a kid infront of those two d00ds. (appearance as well as playing wise)

10. d_ist_urb_ed

Vai, looks like he's going to pop his nut if you know what i mean. He loves whammy and tapping, that way he can cover his playing up. Apparently during the solos there was a contest between yngwie and vai which neither won, but ended up looking really shitty.

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I dunno.
    After watiching G3 live, I have become a fan of Steve VAI.

But teh other G3 with Eric Johnson n other one with John Petrucci: Bot h of them own satch n vai.

12. d_ist_urb_ed

^lol, LOL, after watching live in denver? You crazy. That was one of his worst performances ever in my opinion. You should watch Live in Astoria. Let's create an owning list
    Petrucci owns Satch owns Eric Johnson owns Vai

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Petrucci is anyway my fav guitarist.

My pwning list will be:

Petrucci>Eric Johnson>Vai>Malmsteen>Satch> ........... >Slash

Poor Satch, looks like he has to polish his guitar playing.

14. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

ya guys .....andkhuram 82...dont worry man...afta all this is just a discussion .so its k .next time i il say somethin else ..anyway ..i see many ppl are cursin yngwie in the G3 video ...so i m gonna go along wit it !
    no offence to him ..but all of his songs suck..he acts so unprofessional in that G3 video ..gawd!!! ..he acts as though thats the first time he is on stage or somethin !! but his voodoo child cover was wicked ...maybe he should only play covers !!!!!!

and in tht video ...satch plays brilliantly but the most professional guy in tht is steve vai..he played very clean licks ..nothin special and most of all he dint show off like the others ....and his little wing cover was accordin to me the best song in tht DVD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>...awesome man !!!

but petrucci is the best anyday ..

and is it just me or ..do you all think slash suckks ???

15. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

ya guys .....andkhuram 82...dont worry man...afta all this is just a discussion .so its k .next time i il say somethin else ..anyway ..i see many ppl are cursin yngwie in the G3 video ...so i m gonna go along wit it !
    no offence to him ..but all of his songs suck..he acts so unprofessional in that G3 video ..gawd!!! ..he acts as though thats the first time he is on stage or somethin !! but his voodoo child cover was wicked ...maybe he should only play covers !!!!!!

and in tht video ...satch plays brilliantly but the most professional guy in tht is steve vai..he played very clean licks ..nothin special and most of all he dint show off like the others ....and his little wing cover was accordin to me the best song in tht DVD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>...awesome man !!!

16. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

and in tht video ...satch playswell but the most professional guy in tht is steve vai..he played very clean licks ..nothin special and most of all he dint show off like the others ....and his little wing cover was accordin to me the best song in tht DVD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>...awesome man !!!

17. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

What Blasphemy on guitarists. Each one of them is there because they are really good on what they do. Sometimes they are bound to play within the context of the band than to show off their skills. George Lynch couldn't get through for a guitarist slot with Ozzy. Do you mean to say that George Lynch is not good enough for Ozzy.
    We are no where near such players and why do we have to make such comments on them.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Petrucci>Eric Johson>Steve Vai>Joe Satch> ....... >Slash> ....... > Ritchie Blackmore/Eric Clapton.

:phbbt:

19. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

well ron ..we dont have to great players to compare great players !!

20. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

So does Satriani
    His expressions look like someones pinching the tip of his Pe**s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.