The Midi Contest

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jayanth, Jul 19, 2004.

1. tejas

tejas ..........

It works fine. Don't worry about it.

2. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Hey cool one, some really cool riffs in there... which software did you use?

3. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

If you are asking me.. Its Fruity Studio what else.. and My own Guitar Live...

4. tejas

tejas ..........

Or if your asking me, i used Powertab editor.

5. esgallindeion

I was asking tejas because jayanth you have already told us what software you used. ;)

6. jayanth

I uploade da riff along with Tejas's midi.. did yo ucheck that out?? I was talking about that..

7. esgallindeion

Not bad... with a good lead guitar playing a small lead including harmonics, that could be an amazing intro to a song.

What effecs are you using? And ur amp settings? I think you have got your mid a bit too low.

8. jayanth

I dont have any mids.. always 0.. I kind of like it that way.. Used a GNX 3(Borrowed) with Fruity Studio for other instruments.. Amp ssttings i dont rememebr cause it was pretty long time back.. We use htis song for sound check and stuff.. Along with Bad Seed - MEtallica..

9. esgallindeion

Hmm... mid 0? How does that sound during live performances? I would imagine mid is almost essential to quality sound.

10. jayanth

At a gig, the Sound engineer of my band will manage. On my amps and Processors and the final, Mids are always 0..

11. esgallindeion

ok... Then its fine, i guess.

12. jayanth

The mids will screqw up the patches on my Processor.. Actually..

13. esgallindeion

Ya, mid does sound horrible especially in smaller sooms but in big halls or arenas, its impossible to sound good without mid.

Unlike you, I don't trust sound managers much, so I usually give them full details of the settings I want.

14. jayanth

My Sound Engineer and i are friends from Class -2..(Note The Negative Sign).. We grew up knowing each others sound.. Smaller rooms need more or Treble when you play Metal.. Cause the Bass will again screw up stuff.. Mid are absolutely 0.

15. esgallindeion

So what exactly is your amp settings when u play at home?

16. jayanth

about 4 Bass, 8-9 Treble, 0 Mid, Arena Delay, a 4x12 cabinet...

17. esgallindeion

Hmm... I usually use bass at 3/4, mid 1/5, treble full, in small rooms... no other effects... but I keep on changing.

18. jayanth

I change my effects.. Never touch the amp settings..

19. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

Anyone here who uses just a sequencer to compose music? I mean without the help of MIDI instruments??

20. jayanth

Yhea . i Do that.. I dont have any midi instruments at the moment. The PSR 550 is not at my home.. And i compose at home..