The Midi Contest

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jayanth, Jul 19, 2004.

1. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

The Midi Contest ...
    Here all participants are going to create a song In any Midi software.
    For example Guitar Pro, Tabit, Tabedit, etc

Rules And Regulation : -
    > Should be atleast of 24 bars.
    > Any number of Instruments allowed.
    > Should not have any part of song copied from another.
    > Should be submitted in The MIDI Contest Forum
    > Last date for submission 12th August

General Rules :-
    > Desicion Of Panel Of Judges is Final.
    > All members are eligible to participate.
    > Only one entry per person.
    > No entries will be taken after the Last date mentioned.
    > Every member is allowed to see the exhibits. But Should not comment or review the entries. Or reply in that Forum..

2. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Best of luck, guys. Have fun...

3. jayanth

Example Song

A song that i had created when i was with a couple of friends.. the song is an Own composition. and Has four Instruments..

Guitar, Keyboard, bass and Drums.. Fully created by me. Need Winamp or any midi players to listen to it..

https://www.symonds.net/~jayanth/igt.mid

4. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

great work yaar. ... it was truly good. .. .though guitars do sound strange . .. is it so only on midis ? .. . but it is truly good

5. dhim

dhim New Member

@ Jayanth,

Great work yaar. The file sounds good but I see domination of the keyboard and the guitar does sounds strange.

Anyways truly good.

Regards,
    DHiM

6. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

nice jay...

but cannot v have wav or mp3 format posting also? midi limits guitar playing a lot..cuts out a lot of frequencies...

7. esgallindeion

hey... nice one... outshines mine completely... anyway, i'll post some of mine as examples soon.

8. Natasia

Natasia ...

gr888 work jay..........:) :) :) ,,,,

9. jayanth

Thanks nats, Essi, Dhim and Assasin and Abhay... those are Fx Midis.. I created using Fruity Studio Full version for which i worked my arse off to buy it..

I can do any sort of guitaring with Fruity.. Metal or otherwise.. It would sound a lot less stranger if i created that with GP4.. Also i used the Amplitube amp simulation.. Which you can make out.. Feels like a room full of music.. Drums were created in cakewalk..

My band i i have made it a point to sequence everysong we compose so that we can practice our parts without haveing to Jam.. so that we can go to a concert and start playing whatever with out any problems.. all our timings will be same cause all tempo changes are maintained..

10. MARS

MARS Mars Ji...Finally!!!!!

Hey Jay...

Can u send some more compositions of urs...

If not for the contest..for all of us here at IGT...

What say??

:rock:

11. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

yeah ok. .. i thought so that those guitars sound a bit strange. ... but hey people where are the other compositions .. ? com one ess post some of yours. ..

12. esgallindeion

Fruity loops?? i have used it too... i guess it requires a longer time to getting used to it but once u get used to it, its easier to work with it than with other softwares i have used... thats what i felt...

13. dhim

dhim New Member

Ok.

I did love to post some of mine, but I am absolute zero on sound recording and sound mixing moreover I am a single person playing the accoustic guitar. I will surely post once I get some exposure and experience on those fronts.

Regards,

DHiM

14. esgallindeion

Well... midi composing doesnt require multiple musicians or sound recording... with most midi composers u just tab the riffs u composed and it automatically changes it to midi format.

15. esgallindeion

Just to clear something... we are not posting recordings of what we have played. Im sure jayanth has played that song of his, but if he has it is not him playing it in that file. Its midi. He has composed it using a software with a computer.

16. dhim

dhim New Member

Dear esgallindeion,

Can you please recommend some free tools that support midi composing/recording so that I can get something working with my Accoustic Guitar and my multimedia PC

Thanx,

DHiM

17. esgallindeion

Like jayanth mentioned in his first post in this thread, guitar pro (all versions), tabit, tabedit, fruity studio all support midi composing or transposing.

18. esgallindeion

Well, here's another example... https://www.angelfire.com/nd/coolppl/A1-.mid

It was created using gp4 in the last 2 days. It has 4 guitars, 1 bass, percussions and 1 vocal line with 3 verses, no chorus and a few solos here and there. Heavy, and fully created by me.

19. jayanth

I composed al those tracks alone.. Also Fruity Studio is faster than Gp4 where you go on playing notes by numbers.. Here you can do it using a keyboard connected to the comp thru Midi post.. amplitube gives you amazing Amp sims to go with it..

@ Mars.. I'm looking at recording an album.. Trying to get the funds together(which Is Mission Impossible).. So i'll try post Mp3s of MY BAND(Not Copywritten) On my site and give the links..

20. jayanth

Nice on Essi...