the main problem of indian politics..

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by nandy0894, Jul 27, 2011.

1. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

there is no system in the indian politics..but there is politics in the system.

nice observation..ain't it?? :p
    what do you guys think?

2. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

Bingo ... actually there is a system in Indian Politics and that is 'corrupt system' !

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Actually there is a huge problem with the Indian Public.

Total lack of self discipline in any aspect of their life = total lack of self discipline in the key ppl chosen to fulfill certain tasks = total lack of "self" accountability of these ppl = total lack of enthusiasm shown by the general public to bring these ppl to task = the scene called Indian politics, where we stand now.

Always remember that the one in power will always frame rules and regulations to suit his ways.
    He will always try to keep the public unaware and generally idiot and weak so that he is always a "step ahead" in the game.

And it is wrong to assume that there is NO system in Indian politics.
    There is actually quite a subtle but vastly integrated system in India.
    Which = nepotism.

And I believe Indian public should not be so alarmed with this, because we have also been guilty of the same in some or the other part of life.

Besides nepotism, there is one more thing: which is called i scratch your back - you scratch mine.
    Again something not new in this world.

The thing is that system always evolves to suit its needs.
    If the system is crap - its because the needs are also crap.

As written by me umpteen number of times - The general public is more concerned about celebration of ganpati festivals and wedding/birthdays of local coporator/MLA - and feeling extremely servile and grateful to the self styled poltico gods. Rather than being concerned about general well being of the colony, infrastructure etc, and bringing these honchos to their knees by collective common man effort.

But then there is this typical Indian nature of not helping the other poor fellow in need. (Instead, trying to save own arse by helping the wrong doer, or staying aloof and disconnected from the scene) which displays a total lack of confidence in the strength of common ppl.

Is it a surprise that the British were able to take over the entire India with so much ease?

4. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

its not relly a surprise dat the british wer able to take over India wid ease...d point is v did threw em out...din v?

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

The question should be why the British left India?
    Why by 1947?

Certainly the freedom struggle had been going on since 1857 ...

6. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

goin by the fashion..its still d result dat counts

7. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

it's the result that counts? well the result now is as you see it. we all wish it didn't count...

8. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

agreed.. bt i was jus clarifyin my point... :)

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

You know what Churchill said about India?
    That man was really foul mouthed arrogant s.o.b., but he was right on the mark about this:
    Perhaps he knew the utter lack of abilities in indian public.

10. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

ohk..now i dun agree wid dis at all... * utter lack of abilities in indian public *..i mean cm on..what makes you ssay that???

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Some "rhetoric" questions (with their answers in parenthesis)
    1. Who is in the power? (politicians)
    2. How do they get in power? (vote)
    3. How do they survive staying in power forever? (vote)
    4. Who gives the votes? (public)
    5. Who decides why and how to give vote? (public)
    6. If the person is power = rascals, rogues, freebooters, then who is responsible for it? (public)
    7. If public is responsible then they can decide who comes to power - why don't they do so? (the public gets swayed by sweet tongue and silly heart)
    8. All in all who is responsible for the mess in India? (you tell me the answer)

9. When we all realize that there is a mess created by public, then what is wrong in saying that the public lacks the abilities (to elect who comes to power, to control whoever is in power, and to ensure that the person in power actually remembers that he is a servant not the ruler)?

Remember - in democracy: the govt is of the people, by the people and FOR the people.
    If this is not happening:
    1. You are not in a democracy
    2. Or you are in a failed democracy - and WE (the people) are responsible for it.

12. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

nicely answered. though that is only one of the many examples of the public's incompetence :) and once you accept it, it doesn't even feel that bad.

13. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

The main problem according to me is the power that the Indian system provides the politicians with. Even if alpha or morbid or nandy or even myself are made the ministers we'll also turn corrupt as there is no check for the ministers in India. They can do almost anything...Look at Mayawati...

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Such ppl can easily be voted out in the next elections.
    Its the gullible public which wants to keep such leaders at helm every time (because they builds a lot of Ambedkar memorials).
    That's what I said - the public lacks vision.
    And it translates to crappy choices in leaders.

You next quip will be - so who is the choice next time. No one seems suitable.
    Fine - when your driver doesn't turn up, or your maid doesn't turn up, and you can't find replacement - what do you do?
    You take control in your hands.
    You do the work (and not bank on someone else).

This is something that Indian public is not willing to accept and implement!

Pragmatically speaking - what this country needs is an upheaval of the sorts shown by Indians during 1857 "mutiny".
    No amount of talking on forums, TV channels, newspapers, or even solidarity walk on roads is going to help.
    (You will realize that I have entirely left the bullcrap called Facebook from this altogether - because I believe its even less effective than what I have mentioned earlier).
    Govt has built system that allows it stability. That stability ensures that no one can oppose its move and checks in the system.
    Its like going to a police station to lodge and FIR against the police officer of THAT station.
    Ever tried doing it?

So the only sane way out is elections. Unfortunately Indian public ain't mature enough to handle it.
    Any other thing I post further may be construed as high treason, so I am out.

[Unfortunately - 1857 mutiny was also driven (to a large extent) - not by the common man, but by the erstwhile rulers, who had been shown down by the Brits.]

15. benchwarmer

benchwarmer New Member

lets say u vote out all the shitty ones who you think they are and (u have to choose...right??)the more right ones come by(ideal condition)...then also, given india's current condition, 9 out of 10 from them(the right ones) will again be corrupted either by the greed or threat or survival instinct(read rat race) or from any other n no of conditions/complexities and again it will be like travelling the full circle.
    i think it's huge, hectic, blood-suking process and i believe with our limited vision also, we can actually decrease the radius of that circle...but its gonna take time...and talking of blood, we might need another corruption fighter and i suspect that he will be saying like "If u give me blood, ...."...i cant promise u anything, u will get something out of that" :D...it will be more like a mutual fund...high risk/high gain type...
    i also think that the best we can do here is write a song for or against that :p. So please be a good citizen and perform that task. Submitting here will also be highly appreciated.

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

gunpowder plot

17. benchwarmer

benchwarmer New Member

i donno what u meant, i sumwhere heard that people say this on the consequence of an effort that gone in vain :D...if this is right...then i would say...
    "Come, gentlemen, I HOPE we shall drink down all unkindness."
    for the record, may be this is the 1st time i have quoted somebody and only this line i know about him... :p

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Then you should read more about history of human beings and history of the world to understand them today, and possibly predict their tomorrow.
    Humans, society, politics have not changed since the evolution of human beings - just the means to achieve the same (because of change in technology).