the magical question "how long does it take to learn the guitar

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by destin09, May 8, 2006.

1. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

1/0

(Damn this 10 character thingy)

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

+1
    I just wanted to add to what you said.

But practically speaking, a majority of ppl who play 3 chord stuff are actually stuck there.
    :rock:

3. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

one of my friends.....he has been playing for the past....i dunno....2 years or something....
    he has switched four teachers.....has never been regular....
    and yes, he cant hold a D chord and strumm it:shock:
    though now(with a lil inspiration from me...hehe)he has started practising.....:beer:

4. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I think if you have someone to guide you(a teacher or a friend..)
    you can learn stuff pretty quickly

But someimes when you take classes in some instituton u may not get fast results
    I know some guys who have been learning for 4-5 years and dont play as well as me
    They are musically more skilled than me but they lack influence

5. limaj_daas

limaj_daas Guitar Pro Maniac

Well, it took me 3 months to learn over 6 chords, switch between them efficiently. I knew atleast 8 barred chords, could play Fade 2 black intro perfectly. Knew Classical Gas and that's what i acheived in 3 months. Without a teacher or anything. I know i spent quite a lot of time practising. The least i'd practice would be 3 hrs a day. I think if ur dedicated and have a teacher, u can learn to play insane stuff in bout 2-3 stuff. Dedicated would mean 6 hrs of practice a day. And that's a shit load of practice.

6. skorpion

skorpion b@cKbEncHeR

interesting posts ..... i started playing guitar 3 years back .all by myself .......... after a year or so i was able to hold the chords but never got the strumming correct ... twas only after i started attending jamming sessions i started to get a control over my fingers

so the morale of the story ::::

u can not specify time
    OR
    i m DUMB :-(...

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

or both....

8. skorpion

skorpion b@cKbEncHeR

how come i didnt think of tht ? seriously getting dumb these days :)

9. cronix

cronix New Member

You can never learn the guitar completely... it is not some programming language or a language..... the more time u give the more u learn....
    You start playing aadat and u realize u cant play hotel california yet and again u start learning....
    I dont think anyone has reached farther heights in learning guitar than Jimi Hendrix:nw:

10. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Lo, you need to think harder

11. uj_6string

@notty....a confession.....maybe i was exaggerating..."a little"....but u get my point:beer::)

12. uj_6string

pardon me for double posting.....:(