The Living End

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Gretsch, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Gretsch

Gretsch New Member

Have any of you guys heard of or listen to the Living End?

They're an Australian band.

2. tejas

tejas ..........

No. I haven't. Could you tell me about them?

3. Gretsch

Gretsch New Member

They're a 3 piece band from Oz. Sound wise, it's a fusion of punk and rock-abilly. Well their old stuff was anyway. Their new stuff is more rock based. Try downloading their MP3's from somewhere or the other. I think their homepage may have some sample stuff. Their big songs here were Roll On (which was on Van Wilder), All Torn Down, Prisioner of Society. They have a few others which I recommend like Carry Me Home (the and intro and solo in that is killer). Also get their covers of I've just seen a face, Rip It Up.

Chris Cheney, the vocalist and guitarist, is a brilliant guitarist. I personally rate him as being one of the best guitarists going around. His influnces are Atkins and Setzer mainly. They also use a Double Bass.

4. tejas

tejas ..........

Cool. I'll check them out. And please don't mention those p2p programmes here on IGT. Better edit ur post. Won't sit well with the lord.

5. Gretsch

Gretsch New Member

Tej, thankyou for the advice - I was not aware of IGT's policy on P2P programs.

Living End's home page is:

https://www.thelivingend.com/

What is your music taste (if possible give me some band names)? There are a heap of bands (both from Australia and elsewhere) which I love just as much as the really big ones.

Saying that though, Living End aren't small here at all but overseas wise I'm not too sure how big they are (I know they're not big in Europe and have just starte makin a name for themselves in the states).

6. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

haha... IGT is not like a vulture waiting for someone to mention p2p progs... ;)

Well... I like any sort of music provided its good from metal to classical... the only exception being rap and the britney-spears-inspired-pop.

To give you a better idea, I listen to music from metal bands like Blind Guardian, Sonata Arctica, Iron maiden, Metallica (old), Nightwish, Megadeth, Iced Earth, Pantera among others... But I also listen to music from Enya, Oasis, Googoo Dolls, Eric Clapton, Pink Floyd, R.E.M., Dire Straits... And then I don't occasionally mind some of the newer bands like The All American Rejects, Jet, OAG etc... And ya, Jazz and classical and flamenco also. ;)