The IGT Soundtrack Covers Contest

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by d_ist_urb_ed, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Hello all,

Due to increasing boredom and activity in the ChitChat Lounge or decreased activity in the forums that matter, we, the adminstrative team have decided to launch an IGT soundtrack covers contest. There will be three judges,
    alpha1
    ronnieanand
    bjr
    You cannot dispute the selection of judges. First of all, even before proposing all the rules we need a rough number of participants so we can adjust some logistics accordingly. All those who want to participate just say Yes, in this thread or if for some reason you are retarded and cannot follow instructions, send me a personal message. The last date for entries will be tentative, but i will definitely wait for three days for replies. Once all the participating names have been recieved, then another thread shall be posted with the rules, regulations and information regarding rounds of the competition. Hope y'all have fun mates. Waiting for your replies.

God bless you,
    d_ist_urb_ed

2. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

Yes! :beer:

3. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Yes ...

;)

4. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

oh yeah.

must add, judges couldn't have been better selected.

5. Yes...:rock:

6. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

:RollLol: :RollLol:

7. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

what?
    _____

8. guitarangela

guitarangela gran'ma

yeah, what!!
    and is it absolutely necessary for you to put some dots in every single post that you make!!!:shock:

9. khuram82

^ msg was too short.......................... so preferred dots instead.................................................

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

well, not to burst your bubble but two of those smileys are actually enough to be 10 chars so the dots werent for the msg.

anyway, feel free to tell us if you have problems with the judges selected. If you do have a valid point to make, im sure it will be taken.

11. RoMeO_Gguru

RoMeO_Gguru .::idiotic crybaby::.

hey disturbed man i'm teamin up so is it...allowed......guess wot i blv krazy gal will be singin for me i'm 90% sure :)

btw it's a yes from my side....;)

12. khuram82

@bjr dunno but still it gave me 'msg too short' so i did...........no harm these dots, are they?

no probs with judges as such but considering we have different TABs section with respect to different languages i think there must be atleast one judge familiar to that language as well as that music, so there must be someone who can understand TAMIL, BANGLA, MARATHI, URDU, HINDI ......

I have no idea about tamil and marathi, but i do know there is a lot of difference in urdu and hindi........ n its not the language itself its the culture of the music may be india, bangladesh and pakistan.........

not being tooooo serious about this contest, but i think judges should be better enough to know the different music culture and language.........

but since disturbed mentioned that 'selection of judges cannot be disputed' so i jus laughed with no comments ..........anyways.....

so if all that make sense n it has been considered then i take back my little smileys

:beer:

13. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

you know, even being a judge, I'm not sure who's framing the rules so post what queries you have. Left to me, I'd allow collaborations.

@khurram- just thought you were making a point.

14. khuram82

^ just made it ......post edited......check again!

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Well, the thing is....all of the judges will be voting for all of the contestants I guess so having one judge familiar with that language wouldnt work. As for having a good understanding of music in general, the thing is we haven't got professionals at our disposal so its just 3 people from whatever resources IGT has. We can't be that good really but we can try. Just my opinion though.

As for the covers, I guess we might restrict them to a certain language considering they'd be incredibly hard to judge otherwise. All this is not certain though so lets wait 3 days to see the participation we get before framing the rules.

So anyway, are you in or out?

16. coolhemant

coolhemant New Member

yes
    do we have 2 post or rec.

17. coolhemant

coolhemant New Member

sorry our rec.

18. khuram82

@bjr ..i'll make sure to provide my input with framing the rules and everything

but im not in for the contest :p: im bored with covers now (shhhh i know im afraid of the contest :p:).......anyways its irrelevant....... good luck with the rules :beer:

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well in that case you are talking about lyrics rather than music.

Besides, I guess you have taken it as open cover contest.
    Though am not sure about management's plans, that thing can never work out.

My suggestion:
    1. There has to be a single (or mebbe 3-5) song(s) chosen.
    2. Those songs should be known to all participants .
      (So there goes the theory of different languages/cultures etc)
    3. This should be done to ensure transparency. So that everyone can see why the judges have decided, whatever they decide as results.
    4. The contestant choose whichever they feel they can best do. Although it should be ensured that all the songs have different feel: speedwise, techniqueswise etc, too much of variety and bust goes your transparency again.
    5. The contestant cover the song of their choice. If someone covers (or wants to cover) more than a song, do it by all means. However, take care that then all the songs shall contribute equally to the overall result. So, if one song is badly done and other is good, the net will be the average.
    6. The judges shall take into account different aspects of the cover (that will decided pretty soon). Though there should not be any score for recording, remember a better produced recording always leaves a better mark on everyone.
    7. If junta feels at any time, that the judges are being partial in anyway, it should be highlighted there and then!

No all this is not official.

I just ranted of the cuff, maybe the Admins and Mods can make a note of this as suggestions.

20. RoMeO_Gguru

RoMeO_Gguru .::idiotic crybaby::.

hey bjr buddy constriction on language is necessary man i guess hindi/urdu will be a unanimous choice....well i'm only a pak music freeeakkkk even tho i'm an indian...so tht's how it is....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.