The harmony of music and Weed.........

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by basit_jaaaani, Oct 13, 2006.

1. basit_jaaaani

basit_jaaaani I'm gUnnin' fer uuu

hey ya'all , no clue if this is allowed on igt or not
    to everyone of ya out there who smoke weed, and then play their music, specially guitars, its great ain't it? i been smokin up for a while now m8 but juss started playin guitar. Gettin high n' playin music is the best experience. anyone agreein' wid me on this?

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Not really. But then, sometimes I get high on the mood itself and it does feel kinda awesome.

3. SG1

SG1 "Brown Jesus"

Agreed .. but i never Smoke joints at all .. nor will do .. still i cannot play music without drinking .. its just ma way for making and playing music i feel i can create and can bring out good music which i can't when am sober, check out the Video for Rock fest happened in Toronto dude am sure you are aware of that we called 3 bands from Calgary if u watch me Ha i was wasted on the stage still smoked the fest.

4. basit_jaaaani

@SG1 do u have a link to the videos of rock fest, i do know of it but can't find the vids

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

+1, its the music at times which makes me go trippin'

oooh yeah.

6. rohit

rohit New Member

no need of smoking or drinking for me to make my guitar sound good.
    depends on the individual.

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

But then, mebbe not for your audience.

8. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

Next thread: How to roll a joint.

Teach something useful to the 14 year olds here.

9. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

10. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

11. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Butane + Scooter = Da Shitzz0rz. [/everyday noob]

12. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

13. shak

shak Harrr!

i pity the soul that needs artificial euphoria to produce good music ..

@14 year old kids: believe me kids .. its better to suck at playing guitar than sucking on a spliff ... it aint worth it .. it just aint

14. basit_jaaaani

lol i never mentioned playin in front of audience after been lifted, i get high and play music by myself m8,

15. basit_jaaaani

wow man u got the wrong idea too, i don't smoke up to PRODUCE good music

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Yet that is the impression that the thread gives. I totally understand what you were saying...but you'll notice that people will tend to misread what you're saying and assume that the best music is made on drugs.

17. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Weed helped me once getting 80+ frags and <10 deaths in a counter strike tourney.

It definitely works with gaming.

18. basit_jaaaani

LMAO nice nice, my lil brother is a total CS whiz kid.
    i have played several games on my xbox, specially Ninja Gaiden after smokin a joint, its juss TRIPPY

19. jozko

jozko Banned

I like Bob Marley more than any artist. He used weed publicly and so did many Rastafarians. I believe it had an important role in building the artist that is Bob Marley. He is one of the most influential artists ever as was published by many leading Broadcasters and Magazines. Also first third World superstar. I believe his popularity is growing and think Bob Marley group is one of the largest on ORKUT

Diego Maradona on the other hand is someone who, i think, spoiled his career consuming drugs.

Problem is often excess use, faster addiction, using it to escape from problems, suppress shyness. Such approach spoils you. Same applies to cigarettes, drinking, pan and all. Some knows and uses things effectively

Too much of anything is good for nothing - Bob
    "How could a plant created by God be made illegal by humans? You mean they can tell God that it's not legal?" - Bob
    "Everytime I plant a seed, he said, kill it before it grow. " - Bob in I shot enforcer Sheriff. Also covered by Eric Clapton
    Wake up and Kaya now - Bob

*some info from http://www.joewein.de/kaya.htm
    Just my personal thoughts

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

And how do you think, it is not connected to the artistic abilites of a person?

For once, I can say that your Bob Marley also initlaly took the "drugs" to overcome these feelings.
    Which ultimately made him a better musician.

So are you against drugs or for them?