the greatest guitarist of all time ??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by satch_attack, Jan 28, 2006.

1. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

2. gauravaerora

gauravaerora New Member

i would say it's between joe satriani and paul gilbert.i have seen vids of the two and i find gilbert to be the better instructor.steve vai plays some weird stuff sometimes.

3. demonstealer666

demonstealer666 New Member

paul gilbert -- album : terrific guitar trip (he is greatest alternate picker i think)
    genere : metal, hard rock

4. pavandude

pavandude New Member

I havent heard all of em but of whom i've heard n seen, i think i prefer to say Dimebag Darrell is a God, not necessarily to say the greatest. If this is a choice of the greatest then the answer will never be found cos its all bout a person's taste n style of music. A jazz n blues person usually doesnt appreciate Dime & his counterparts & my very own close friend (a metal freak n guitarist) doesnt think much bout Hendrix n others......well this choice doesnt go with everybody, i said only a few prefer it this way.

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Then check out Al Di Meola. This fellow should actually patent alternate picking for himself.

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Bryan Adams and Jon Bon Jovi steal the show.
    Gr8test guitarists.

7. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

i would say

paul gilbert is the cleanest and fastest sweeper in the world...

he can sweep and rake all day and do it with awesome flair and style ..even steve vai and joe sat cant sweep like paul

alternatin pickin .-hmmm ..this is very difficult to judge cuz most of the really shred guitarists dont pick in there solos except john ..they all play legato .so..that aint counted ..

so fastest alt picker is very difficult to decide .
    i il say michael angelo batio or yngwie malmsteen